Thread: My 78 million suddenly goes down to 2.8 million in Zynga poker

My 78 million suddenly goes down to 2.8 million in Zynga poker

I am having real trouble making contact with Zynga Support to report that I suspect I have been hacked and don’t know by whom. I had 78 million chips yesterday it has taken 14 months to accrue and now my total is 2.8 million chips. My Facebook applet still reminds me that I had 36+ million. Can I get my chips back? If not, I really cannot bear to think that I have to work myself back to that total. It has really ruined my day please help me in this one as soon as possible.

re: My 78 million suddenly goes down to 2.8 million in Zynga poker

Also, this morning I was unable to connect to Facebook via my usual username and password and had to change my password to access Facebook and this Forum. In the advice given by the Super Admin., to resolve this problem I have to try and log-on using my old password. How is this possible when it appears my account was hacked, i.e. password changed, chips stolen, etc, etc. Unless the advice doesn't mean that I have to use my old password, but to just get back into my FB account, which I can.

Did you get an email that requested you to enter your Facebook account information on a website? If so then you, along with many others, were scammed.Here is what you need to do:
    • Create a ticket with Zynga support and explain what happened. Try and provide as many details as you can including, but not limited to: the message itself and the website. The more you can provide the better off you are at retrieving lost chips
    • If you still have the message or know the website that was central to the scam you should report it
    • Refer to Missing, Lost, Stolen, or Hacked chips?

Having my chips stolen, hacked, phished or whatever has completely ruined my experience of playing poker with Zynga. I'm sure that you can understand this. As I stated in an earlier post, it has taken me 14 months to win the chips that were stolen. I couldn't tell you how many 100s of hours, but from memory it was about 11,000 poker hands worth. Anyway, I would like to assist Zynga in catching these scumbags, so please, if there is a better way to produce this ticket to try and regain my chips, please advice. By the way, I do not appreciate the apparent unsympathetic response from you, especially the contents of the last sentence above.

By the way, I do not appreciate the apparent unsympathetic response from you, especially the contents of the last sentence above, i.e. "If you can't find that thread you probably shouldn't be using the computer without your elders permission. If this is part of an official response, then there really is no hope for users such as myself to trust the integrity of a company like Zynga where the blame is placed on the end-user and not the company supposedly providing a safe and legimate place to play 'friendly' poker.

I really don't see the problem for Zynga to replace stolen chips because they are virtual after all. I can understand not setting a precedent of giving back chips but once a genuine problem has been decided upon, this should be the case as quickly as possible. As you can no doubt see from this post, I am very angry and concerned that Zynga Poker is a volatile and insecure place to visit, unless one has the fore-knowledge contained in some of the posts on this forum. This is a real problem, because it implies that users have to preempt problems and that can only lead to a nervous breakdown.

Re: My 78 million suddenly goes down to 2.8 million in Zynga poker

I simply responded to the scammers email by replying with a few angry words. I don't know how by simply responding to 'his' email I could lose everything. In this case, as you suggest, I certainly am in need of some sympathy. But, of course, unless a fair dose of sympathy brings my chips back, what's the point. I can accept the fact that I shouldn't have replied to this bogus email, but from everything I understand about Internet Security 101 (as you put it), there really should have been no risk. Perhaps these scammers have just found new ways to compromise Zynga's/Facebook's security protocols.

Re: My 78 million suddenly goes down to 2.8 million in Zynga poker

I got a speedy and encouraging response back from Zynga Support. They said not to reply to the email but use the method already mentioned, which is no use to me because as I've already stated, I cannot access anymore. Do I have to create another new account. I have all the relevant information for them and I really, really want this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Of course, I have a reference number for my ticket. I have replied to Zynga Support via my email client against their wishes but I fear I'm just wasting my time doing so.