Thread: unable to find STEAM CS 1.6 Servers

unable to find STEAM CS 1.6 Servers

Hi everyone, I am playing counter strike from last 1 year, but now from last 2 days I am using steam for this online gaming. But I am facing problem with this IP settings and because of that I am unable to find this dedicated server on steam. In my steam its find all servers above 100 pings and even sometime it’s not showing even a single server on steam. And I tried with this non steam then I can view lots of server but I don’t know watts the problem with this steam. Now I want to find all this dedicated on my server please help me out to solve this problem. Thank you.

Re: unable to find STEAM CS 1.6 Servers

Hi, I think there is problem with your router and firewall settings. Router has 27015 ports open and forwarded. But for your server access you have to have both UDP and TCP forwarded setting. Sometime firewall may create some problem with your server settings. Its block some IP address which is not secure for your system. Sometimes it happen because your firewall is not configured properly. Windows XP service pack will not create any problem but windows XP service pack 2 create problem if it’s not configured properly. you can search this service pack 2 firewall setting on internet according to that you can configured your firewall settings for windows XP service pack 2.

Hi, I hope this information will help you to sort out your problem. if you are using listen server you need to set SV_LAN 0 in your console. Even you can set this in your launch properties. You can also set this in your listenserver.cfg file. If it’s set wrong its shows error like LAN games restricted to class c clients. If your router doing NAT translation then your server will have different internal IP address. This internal IP address cannot help you, because players cannot connect by using this internal IP address. So please check all this settings in your system.

These problems happen because of your network settings. But for this you can add some extra region settings for your server. This helps others to find your server easily. For this please follow the following region settings.
    Type Sv_regoin # in your console and use the codes
    • 0 - US East coast
    • 1 - US West coast
    • 2 - South America
    • 3 - Europe
    • 4 - Asia
    • 5 - Australia
    • 6 - Middle East
    • 7 – Africa
    • 255 – world
    If you set sv_regoin 255 then your server is listed in world but if you choose any other region then it will be listed twice.

Hi, it’s a common problem with your firewall and network settings. Check all this settings. And in advanced suppose all this things are correct then there may be problem with your server listing. There may be problem with the history settings. Sometime there will be problem with your masterservers.vdf and serverbrowser.vdf file. So check all this file may be its corrupted or not working properly with the version problems etc. you can solve this problem by closing the steam. Delete the masterservers.vdf and serverbrowser.vdf from the config directory. And then again re-launch the steam. I hope this will work.try out these settings.

This problem encountered because of following reasons so try to find out basically which problem you are facing. Basically these problems are server listed but this can be happen on client site network program.
    1. Only few servers are listed. This problem happens because of client side network problem or because of firewall, steam route and router.
    2. Because of bad serverbrowser.vdf file server won’t stay listed; even it’s not listed in your history or in your favorites if this file is corrupted.
    3. If your steam rate is very slow then server listing also will be slow.
    4. When you list a lot of server then your internet connection drops because of router problem.