Thread: Dragon Age 2 PC startup problem

Dragon Age 2 PC startup problem

I am a game savvy, and for this I recently upgrade my dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 OS. The system was running fine with almost all of the features and the other installed applications. I recently installed Dragon Age 2 video game in my system, but after the installation I am facing a[problem regarding the stat up of the game. whenever I tried to open run the game, a windows command prompt appears but nothing was displayed. Is there any virus or anything else, any suggestion for me to resolve the issue?

Re: Dragon Age 2 PC startup problem

The problem that you posted here is might be occurring for the virus file, any one of the virus is should be attacked you system, and this can be entered into your system with the installation disc or file of the game. because I was also facing similar issue in my system, and after searching in maximum of the web sites as a recommended option I found the scanning process, so as per this I suggest you scan your full system with a up to date antivirus program, it will surely detect the virus and you will be able to remove this from your system.

Is the game is properly installed in your system, along with this are the hardware devices those are attached in your system is compatible to run the game, first of all make sure about this and also be sure that the game that you installed is installed with the proper disc, though in some of the cases i found these type of problem might be occurred right after the installation for installing from a corrupted disc.

As per my opinion I recommend you to make sure that there is no third party software or any visual effect is applied in your system, where as in just few months ago I when I was also facing relevant issue with a high definition game. And after that I did a deep search on this to resolve the issue, though I applied many of the tricks but nothing was helped me. after that one of, my friend suggest me to remove the visual effects like the screen-saver or some of the other flashing games from my system to resolve the issue, I applied this and the problem was solved by this, so I also like to recommend you to go through this process, it will surely help you to overcome from the problem.

Is your system occurred with any start up problem in very recent days before install this game? Did you tried to start your system in safe mode. Try this, if the problem is also persists over there then be sure that the problem is occurring for the game. I think this is properly installed, for that try once by reload the game, remove the existing one and also remove other installed files from your hard drive, now proceed for the fresh installation, wait till the process completes, be sure that the installation did not breaks at any moment.

According to me, I think this is simply occurring for the graphics driver, my younger brother was also facing relevant type of problem, whenever he was tried to run a particular gaming console the system was freezes for few minute, he is also not a technical savvy and after getting this error in his newly purchased system with a newly installed game he just worried about this and start search about the solution in different web site, but from nay where he did not get any positive response. After this I suggest him to try once by update the graphics driver firmware version, he tried and the problem was solved. So as per my opinion I also like to suggest you to go through this process, for that open device manager and from there open display tab, now right click on the driver name and choose the update option, wait for the information about the update firmware version or the graphics driver, now click on update button and terminate the update process.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, i would like to know had you installed or removed any high or low definition game recently in your system? if yes, then that’s any installed file might also be the cause of the problem, for that I simply like to recommend you first check into the process tab under control whether any process except windows is running or not which is unknown to you. If you found any such process then instantly kill that one and reboot your system. I hope this will might be a help you to overcome from the problem. Apart from that if still the problem is arriving then it may be for the graphics driver, download the latest version of graphics driver from the manufacturer web site and replace with the existing on. Go through this, I hope it will may be help you to resolve the issue.