Thread: Trading post is big letdown in Frontierville

Trading post is big letdown in Frontierville

Here I was all excited to have trading post thinking, of course that one would be able to trade unwanted items in their inventory for items that they might need or simply want. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered all you can do is trade items that it took a lot of work to accumulate. This is for lousy 5 or 10 coins and 1 or 2 xp points. This is very disappointing for me.

Re: Trading post is big letdown in Frontierville

I agree that it is a good idea but the rewards for cashing the items in are very low indeed. It should be at least 50coins or 50XP per item. With the current amount they are offering I would rather keep everything on the slim chance it is needed again. I think that they have put some stuff in the TP that will be used again (Elbow Grease, Rodeo items) but that's just me. I think it's funny that the holiday bouquet (of whatever it was that was supposed to give XP but just accumulated in the inventory) isn't in the trade in list.

We went through a lot of clicking and begging to get items. The trade off is not worth trading it off if in the near future we will have to beg for those items all over again. I do not find asking people over and over again fun. You should be able to trade more than just pretzels. I think the pretzels just had a special offer that involved getting food if you traded them in. There is an arrow on both sides of the object when you’re trading items. Just click them and see what else you can trade.

I am betting that depending on some time of formula is when you can sell certain items. Many will probably think I am crazy (you would be right, of course) but I was able to sell hip boots day before yesterday but cannot sell them today even though I have some left. Some days I can sell certain things and other days I cannot. I won't know for sure for a few more days but tonight the only things I can sell are windows, pegs, cement, bricks, and mallets. I will wait and see what it does tomorrow but I for one am glad we have it as it means I got rid of almost 100 bloody cannonballs.

It will only let me trade 8 items and those consist of things like elbow grease, windows, pegs, saddle soap, lard, mallets and a couple more items. I want to keep these items as I may need them in the future. I would love to get rid of the thanksgiving items and I have over 5000 fruit. I am not sure why some people can trade all items and some can only do pretzels. This seems like they have a few kinks to work out.

It would be nice to actually trade with other people on my friend list, like, they need some bovine insurance and I need some pegs, so we'll trade, or whatever. But this is pretty cool too. At least I can get rid of the 144 cranberries I stockpiled while helping other people finishes their feasts. I haven't actually seen it in the list yet. But I traded in some festive glasses and holiday plates, so I assume the foods would be in there, as well. They could have just given us a delete button for the items instead of letting us trade it in for anything. This gives us a little bit of return on our hordes, gives us a new collection, a new set of badges. I am pretty happy with it.