Thread: What is Chip Bully in Zynga poker

What is Chip Bully in Zynga poker

This morning I was accused of being a chip bully. I have heard the term thrown around but I still don’t understand how one can chip bully in a sit and go. I was at a 100k table and there were two of us left in the hand I had the large stack the other player was holding on for dear life. There were 5 players left. I had a weak hand but still raised the player all in, he folded I won the hand. He left the game 2 hands later but went on a tirade in the meantime. When the goal of a sit and go is to finish in the final 3 I am lost to how this is not fair play when we all start with the same stack.

Re: What is Chip Bully in Zynga poker

Well, you just described exactly how someone bullies when they have a much larger stack than some or all of the other players. You essentially force them to forfeit the blinds by pushing them all in, even though your cards don't warrant such a bet. If it hurts your feelings to be called a bully, stop doing it. If it doesn't bother you much, then don't worry about it. By the way, it isn't necessarily a "smart" way to play, depending on your position. I have often seen "chip bullies" hoist by their own petard, and many times I was the beneficiary

Yes bullying is just part of the game but as it is said if you bully you have to wear being labeled as such at times so either bully and don't fret or don't bully if it bothers you. In Tourney play bullying is more accepted probably as the aim of Tourney play is to finish higher than your opponents. Being the big stack at a Tourney and forcing the short stacks into either all in or folding their blinds continually is annoying to the short stack holders but a winning strategy and if winning is important then do what you have to within the rules. As opposed to Tourney play the type of bullying that bothers me the most are those mega million chip holders who come to a small blind table or are at a small blind table and every bet they make is designed to put the smaller stack holder all in or fold their blinds.

I find that most players who just bully by going all in all the time tend to get knocked out way more often than they win. There will be the odd one who wins big, but they are more often the exception than the rule. In any case, what the OP describes appears to be normal tactics in tournament play to me. Heads up, sometimes you have to be aggressive even with weak cards. It applies whether you are the big stack or the short stack. It just sounds like the person who is complaining is just complaining because he does not know how to play the short stack well and is blaming the OP for his poor play

I like to call these players blind bullies. Usually they're weaker players attempting to suck out fish on sucker bets fish has A high or suited and calls the 20x bb raise from the bully or goes all in. not everyone who bids big on blinds or on the flop are being bullies; sometimes you got to be the bully and put down a block bet--meaning a bet you don't expect to be called; i usually do this on the flop if i flopped sets or have the nut 2 pair and there is the danger of another player catching a straight or flush draw.  

Now the smaller stack player chose to play this smaller blind table so they can play within their means against like stacked opponents so when a big chip bully arrives at the table the smaller stack player either leaves the table or battles the bully - sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. Either way there is no need for the big chip bully to bother these smaller stack players on these smaller blind tables, all it can possibly do is stroke the ego of the big chip bully or let them feel a sense of power and control over others.