Thread: Thanksgiving missions in FrontierVille

Thanksgiving missions in FrontierVille

What if the Thanksgiving missions had actually been fun, challenging and went smoothly so nobody felt left out, ignored, frustrated and gypped? Just think of all the things FrontierVille could have done to make these challenges less of a pain in the neck and more interesting and fitting for the holidays. Plant harvest pumpkins, bake pies at the Inn, make a fancy tablecloth (ribbon and cloth), plant wheat for flour to make holiday breads, raise turkeys, how about building chairs with our wood rather than gifting them! Required growing different crops for the feast, corn, potatoes, and peas; maybe visiting neighbors where we deliver the invites rather than this mess with posting them. While visiting our neighbor’s maybe we could choose to send them the glassware, napkins and silverware instead of the usual paint, brick, nails we gift for doing chores. What you thought about this mission please just let me know.

Re: Thanksgiving missions in FrontierVille

I know people have voiced on the poll that they would like these missions to be a little more difficult and made to last a little longer, but that could have been accomplished by only allowing one Thanksgiving mission to be release per day (but starting the entire process sooner) or requiring us to harvest things that take several days to grow. As it sits now, I have finished the missions. But my newsfeed is lit up with so many good friends (some real life, some gamer friends) who cannot progress in the game at all. They are stuck at several different goals where they either can't ask for food items and their free gift screens won't load. Some can't send or receive the spoon; many are at a standstill not capable to send/post the RSVP's despite the "fix" that has been posted. They have posted here in the forums and they have emailed Zynga CS and not anything has been done. So instead of feeling happy to have finished my missions, I felt guilty that so many are still out there feeling left-out and ignored.

All of those ideas are great. Let us hope Zynga programmers read your post and listen. Well, people had a right to complain about this. All it was consisted of click and beg. For some purchase RSVP's. There was no interaction, we could have gone to their homesteads and clicked their table and it set a plate or glass to help set the table. Like the other people said, planted crops peas, etc to serve. There were many interactive things we could have done instead of just beg and click.

I think you had some great ideas. I, too, have finally finished the mission even though I couldn't send out invitations for three days. Your ideas would have made the whole mission much more enjoyable. I am feeling sorry for those who got stuck on some of the earlier parts. Forgot to add and Sapphire is right, too, you just can't please everyone. Someone is going to complain about something! With many of us now finishing up, they won't be able to get all the food I was able to get as rewards for helping my friends.

idea Re: Thanksgiving missions in FrontierVille

There was interaction. Going to the homestead and clicking on the table could get you a food item that was needed. Also, feeding turkeys, your own and your neighbors could as well make a needed food item drop. There were other ways to complete the quest that were posted here in the forum but people mostly complained and didn't bother reading and finding out. I read about clicking on the table here and found out about the turkeys while the food items dropped when I fed them. Food items could as well be sent and received as free gifts. So it was not necessarily all "click and beg". I had trouble with the RSVPs working too, but it worked out. I think impatience and people feeling the need to get it done immediately causes more of the problem.

I never suggested my ideas could make everybody happy. Clearly there will always be those who find the missions either too hard or too easy. My point was that I felt these missions lacked creativity and once again relied too heavily on posting of items that really did turn into nothing more than a click-fest. It actually kept me out of the game most of the time (because I busy clicking on mine or my neighbors posts) than in the game. As far as the level of interaction goes, though I knew to click on my neighbors table and turkeys to get rewards, many of them couldn't ever get those items because of the various game issues that are still unresolved. The RSVP fix has not worked for many users. I have more than 20 friends who are at a standstill not capable to even ask for food items nor can they get their free gift screens to open. The spoon issue is yet another unresolved mess.

I wish you were part of the Zynga team, those are brilliant ideas and I bet it only took you 10 minutes to think of them. Apparently the Zynga team doesn't have that kind of time. You say it "all worked out", well I am happy it worked out for you. I am one of the 1,000's at a standstill stuck because I at a standstill can't send out RSVP's. I work 3 jobs and am having a lot of company coming in for the holidays. My time is extremely limited now. After today I won't be able to jump on here every few hours to try and send RSVP's. It may work one hour but not the next. I am on level 80 and have suffered through all the glitches but this one is extremely annoying and the first time I actually felt compelled to complain. Utterly and completely boring and aggravating! They couldn't even be bothered to change the items we had to beg for with each serving? This quest is a horrible failure! No single part of it has been fun.

I am one RSVP away from completing this nightmare of a mission. I think the only reason I even stick with this game is the freaking adversity in completing anything. The bugs. The glitches. I must be a glutton for punishment. Great ideas for next Thanksgiving by the way. But I am really afraid that Christmas will be even more of the similar spamming techniques and non actual game playing ideas, such as collecting from your game feeds all day hoping to get at the items you need and not the "all out of rewards" message, Zynga is synonymous with fun!