Thread: Lots of bugs in FrontierVille

Lots of bugs in FrontierVille

I really like the challenge of FrontierVille as opposed to Farmville, and I have spent decent money on this game. However I am close to throwing in the towel because of numerous system bugs for which there is no compensation or even apology:

1. The popups border on abusive.
    2. Helping neighbors works only 3 times out of 5
    3. Clearing my cache wipes out information I use on other websites
    4. My chicken coop has never worked correctly
    5. Making you buy Facebook credits instead of being able to pay directly is annoying
    6. Lost one of my avatars for days and had to look through pages of FAQ's

You want people to play and pay? Stop with the pop-ups. Make being able to buy horseshoes and coins a click (see kindle's ease), fix the problems and alert users to this!

Re: Lots of bugs in FrontierVille

I haven't spent a dime on this game yet. Was able to do what I want with the earned horseshoes. However about the troubles, it takes forever to load, after that "blasted internet went all quiet on us let's try us a bit of a refresh" is getting very annoying, the popups when I run out of energy cause me not to be able to claim my coins etc, faster for a bigger bonus.. but I am not too worried about that, sometimes the mail won't open, and I am not getting my bonuses half the time for visiting my neighbors, even when I haven't done so in a few days and go at it again, I don't have much time to play the game, and it is annoying while it decides to go all quiet, and I have to keep going back in, because if I just refresh, it never loads, sometimes it never quits that, so I have to go without playing the game for the day. I love the game but won't finish any quests at this point, and not all goals/quests are showing up on my left side, so I am lost as to what I was working on. Like today my labor day one is gone, and I read yesterday I still had until the 14th.

I not at all really have connection issues. What I do have is a glitch that's been going on for a month now that has left my Collections, Inventory & any building with a wishlists attached to it (everything except the school) inaccessible. It's on Zynga’s end because my sister can play her game fine and it doesn't work on any computer I try. Does anyone have a fix to be able to access "my stuff" or to sell things as I cannot complete quests due these issues and the support told me to download google chrome which has made things worse?

Here I just want to add something. It happened to me early July. What seemed to trigger the trouble was that I had more than 160 neighbors at that time. Another user with the same issue pruned his neighbors to 148 and so did I. That solved the issue for both of us. But I was running the game on a slightly older PC at that time. I have neighbors with nearly 500 neighbors themselves who don't have the issue, so your mileage may vary.

Well, you were obviously not in pace with the intended style of game play that FrontierVille offers. I know that a Zynga developer has stated somewhere on this forum that the intent was to give you a casual daily fifteen minutes (or so!) of game play on your Frontier. I don't think it's designed for hardcore gamers that will run through a $multi million production game (370) in six hours and then go online to write a summary with hints and tips on where to find all the goodies in the game. Just kick back and have fun with it, that's what I am doing. Besides, the FrontierVille community is more than half of the enjoyment of this game!

This is a beta game; it's bound to have growing pains. I haven't paid one penny and have managed to do all the missions except for the foundry (and that's only because I haven't added the required number of neighbors). Be patient, come to the forum and write about the troubles you are having. But remember, changes and corrections take time. I'm sure the developers would love to have everything run smoothly, too.

Even though it’s a Beta game, the problems are just too many. I don’t know if anyone else has this problem with their pointer, but my pointer just flies all over the place, picking up objects. It won’t go anywhere I want it to or it sticks and won’t move. I have tried 3 different browsers and it doesn't make any difference. The icon gets stocks and walks on the spot and won’t move. Sometimes even the screen won’t respond when I want to move to another part of the farm. Planting seeds is the same, pointer going everywhere. Trying to collect bonuses too is a problem; once again the pointer is everywhere. Happens no matter what I do, even when I go slow and take my time. Not to mention the popups you get when trying to do things. I think it’s time for me to quite the game as very little works properly. I know you have to except to have problems, but not everything on the game causing a problem. The market and inventory doesn't open at times. Surely the pointer should be responsive; I have never had this before, just too frustrating to continue playing.

All of them stay in beta forever. That's no excuse. As a beta tester for other games when we reported problems they were fixed and not months later either. There are way too many glitches going on especially for the limited time quests. People are quitting or just not playing anymore because of all the issues. To say its beta is not an acceptable answer. It's all of Zynga's games not just this one that has problems. They have problems with the school quest where you can't request the needed items or if you finally get to then you only lose them anyone because they can't find that gift. They sure have a funny way of trying to keep their customers by ticking them off. Don't think that is the way to go. I am now in the process cleaning out neighbors who have either stopped playing or there is nothing left for them to do.