Thread: One section is raised higher than the rest of decorating contest in FrontierVille

One section is raised higher than the rest of decorating contest in FrontierVille

I am playing this game from very long and I just love this game. So I was looking at the entries for the decorating contest and I was wondering if anyone knows how they make it look like one section is raised higher than the rest. Is it just a trick of the eye or is there something I don’t know? I love this look but have no idea how to do it. If anyone have any idea about this than please just let me know. Because I just want to know this and I am waiting for your replies. Thank you for any help in advance.

Re: One section is raised higher than the rest of decorating contest in FrontierVille

It’s quite easy really, as it's just optical illusions. I did it on my Farmville, and it was very popular for people to do it on Farmville, but I haven't done it on my homestead as it just didn't give the look that I wanted. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, we all have different tastes, but terraces, and steps, and the over use of flower beds, and decorations, just doesn't feel right on the frontier. Actually, To Be Honest, I entered the decorating contest, and I don’t expect to make the top 11 because mine wasn't so great or anything, but To Be Honest I was quite disappointed that out of about 1000 entries only about 30 looked remotely like they were even connected to the frontier.

Re: One section is raised higher than the rest of decorating contest in FrontierVille

I don’t know when they are announcing the finalists, and winners and things but I really, hope that the top 10 is packed with things that look like homesteads, and frontier towns, and not flowery Zen gardens, or overly decorated suburban gardens. I would be really very disappointed if the winning entries don't have lots of trees, and crooked fences, and grasses and wildflowers, and look like a frontier. Last thing I want to see is a top 11 full of over decorated Farmville clones. One of the entries in the current week's contest has a bunch of tiered areas but way too many flowers. It looks nice but isn't very frontier. Another thing that may look cool but isn't thematic are the pyramids of Iron Fountains.

It’s all in the positioning. Setting stuff slightly off from the one above/below it can look just like a rise/stairs/etc. It’s all in how you put it. They did a pretty good job - I could never make anything remotely close to that. The other games are the places to play with the flowers and all the frou-frou stuff. I would much rather see the laundry lines, maybe a shanty area, etc in the frontier. Now, I just wish we could move the skulls around. They are great decorations, but you can't move them. I know we can buy one for horseshoes, and then place it where we want, but I would probe forget and clear it out some sleepy morning!

I wish we could move the wildflowers, rocks, cactus, skulls and thorns. If we could do that, we could make more realistic frontiers. How about a contest of the homestead that looks most like the frontier. I have all of those along my front borders with the trees along the back borders. I also stagger my animals in more realistic settings. They have picked the finalist and that is exactly all they are, they look like one big flower bed. I live in the country and have yet to see any farmer's animals all lined up and facing the same direction!