Thread: No energy left to do anything in FrontierVille

No energy left to do anything in FrontierVille

I think FrontierVille it getting really annoying, you leave it for 6 hours, when you come back you have to use all your energy clearing grass and trees that you only cleared 6 hours ago, how are you supposed to progress in the game while all you do is clear new grass trees etc or spend 5 energy clobbering a snake etc just because you cleared a bit of grass. Seems Zynga want you to buy energy, as the game and the tasks take too long to do. Anyone have any idea about this or ever face this problem?

Re: No energy left to do anything in FrontierVille

Put some animals around in the area you just cleared, and nothing will grow in your absence. As far as clobbering critters go, just leave them alone and work in another area so that no more of the similar type will pop up. I have got over 25,000 food and tons of meals in my inventory that I have never needed to utilize because I have as well got a lot of wonderful neighbors that exchange gifts with me. If you don't have many neighbors, add some. If you do, start gifting them energy and they will usually return the favor. Good luck!

Besides what was said, visit your neighbors every day. You get energy visiting them up to a limit. Look for those food bonuses in the feed to. Plant crops that give you back the most food. At first managing energy can be a bit tough, but if you look to all the sources, you will shortly find you have enough to get things done. And don't try to clear the whole area all at once. You will need some of the thorns/cactus/wildflowers and such later. And it's easier to work a small area for crops and animals, like above poster said; putting animals and crops in an area will keep it from growing wild. Make sure you plant crops that will yield high food. If you want to make sure nothing grows, plant something there. If you won't be back in a while, plant peanuts!

The key is neighbors. Get loads of them. This is a social game after all. Pimp your account on a few 'reputable' FrontierVille groups and pages. Neighbors serve various purposes:
    1. Neighbors give you gifts (which you always return of course ahem). A lot of the time, these will be energy gifts (snacks, breakfast, lunch etc.).
    2. You get energy when you visit your neighbors (not much). Energy gained from visiting neighbors will take your energy above your max if you are at max. My suggestion is that when you fire up FrontierVille, and you have max energy, go visit your neighbors first before you consume any energy on your homestead. In this way, you'll have more energy than your max when you get back to your homestead. Tending neighbor’s peanuts gives two foods. Technically, tending neighbor’s horses and mules are meant to give energy (again, over your max), but I have not at all seen this myself. Finally, watch for the weather - sometimes energy is given for chopping/harvesting etc. (although I would have to confirm whether this applies to tending neighbors).

I also have few detail which may be useful for you.
    1. Leveling reputation. Every time you gain a level in reputation, you get a wad of food.
    2. Neighbors post to your news feed via FrontierVille. You can consume 30 'gifts' per day from the news feed from your friends. You can get food from here. Various quests yield food. Also, I think that the Clobbering Groundhog posts do as well. The top quest for food gives 400 foods! As well, the 'Make Medicinal Tea' quest gives 6 energy.
    3. Neighbors visit your homestead and do work. Get enough neighbors, and you will get a steady stream of them visiting doing your work for you!
    4. Hire neighbors. You can hire two neighbors per day to do up to 20 jobs once. You direct a hired neighbor at a single area, so make sure you make the best of this.

That's the way it was for me, too. Eventually it will get better. I establish that it's best not to do too much work on your town, spend your time working on neighbors' towns harvesting, feeding animals, etc. If you are working on a challenge specifically telling you to cut down 6 of your own trees, and so on, that's one thing, but if you want to do it just to clear the area and make it pretty, don't. I learned the hard way. I was burning through my pitiful amount of energy so freaking fast by cutting down trees, clearing thorns, and so on. Only to find out that one of the challenges is to scare several bears and remove several thorns (both of which you find near trees). I had to plant more full sized trees and wait forever for them to grow. Now I am a level 40 and have 99 breakfasts and nearly 30,000 pie wedges, and not anything to do with them. Hang in there, it will get better!

I have a few suggestions to keep the varmints and other things under control. One time you have a corner cleared out; try to get the varmints to spawn there. (I have heard you can coax them there if they spawn somewhere else, but don't know how to do it). As for me, I only have a groundhog sitting off to one side in a bed of withered clover (more on that later). I do have some trees in a corner, but haven't gotten around to chopping them and getting the bear, yet. I should move my chickens and geese to that area as well, so I can get a fox. As well I need to open a few squares so I have stuff to clear and can spawn a snake. As for keeping grass, skulls, thorns, wildflowers, and so forth. from spawning, I just plant clover everywhere I am not planning to work, but don't want stuff spawning, and just let it wither. It doesn't cost any energy to plant or clear it and you get 6 coins for every plot you clear. It's quicker to just use the sell/delete tool on it, though, as clearing is one of the slowest tasks in the game.

Here I want to add something. I don’t get it why plant something just to let it go to waste? Why not just plant something that takes a while to grow and stager when they are ready to be harvested so you don’t have to use all your energy at once? What you are doing is just wasting your coins which if that’s what u want to do then go for it but I prefer to actually make a profit on what I am planting but I guess each to their own.

Your idea of planting a long-term crop (maybe peanuts or cotton) may be an interesting idea, until I consider that even if I stagger them, some of them will probably be dead before I get around to harvesting them. Alternatively, do you have a suggestion for something to put there that's relatively cheap for the space it takes up, doesn't lag my frontier to the (which rules out armies of animals - the frontier almost half full of horses I saw in another thread), and can be moved/deleted/sold at will (without requiring energy to clear it)?