Thread: how to add new sound file to “speech.ini” in amxmod.

how to add new sound file to “speech.ini” in amxmod.

Hi all I am playing counter strike from last 3 month. On internet I am making server by using amxmodx. I am very happy with the functionality of amxmodx which make counter strike more interesting to play. But now I want to add sounds file to my speech.ini. I refer many websites but from that I got only the commands. I want to add custom sound like song clip of 10 sec. now I want to know that where should I put this sound file? I tried this with many locations search but I did not find any location. So please tell me where they are located.

Re: how to add new sound file to “speech.ini” in amxmod.

Hello I think you are the new amxmodx user. From last 1 year I am using amxmodx mod to make online server for counter strike 1.6.it is very easy to add any sound file in your speech.ini file. You have to follow the following steps
    "Music 1" "spk \'misc/music1\'" "cd" "u"
    "Music 2" "spk \'misc/music2\'" "cd" "u"
    "Music 3" "spk \'misc/music3\'" "cd" "u"
    misc = locate what for folder the sound is located in "<gamedir>/sound/misc"
    music* = the name of the .WAV sound
    By using this step you can add your sound file in your speech.ini file.

Hello thank you for your quick reply for my question. I follow the step which you maintained in your reply, but still I am unable to add my sound file in speech.ini file. After adding my sound file its showing me the title of the .wav files. But when I tried to play that it does not play. After that I also try this with different patches but still it’s not working it look like cstrike/sound/misc/moron. I did not get what exactly the meaning of this path. I think this speech.ini sounds are built in default. It’s not from the misc, so where this file are located?

Hi I got your problem but I can’t access my server tools because of some technical reasons. But it is possible you to send your plugins.ini, speech.ini, master_sound_dl_list.cfg. And also let me know the name of your sound file with its format. I hope you are not trying to add MP3 file in your speech.ini. Because you can not add MP3 file in your speech.ini file you can only add .wav file in your speech.ini file. So please send me all this information I am waiting for your reply.

Hey I am here with the solution and I know it will work edit your speech.ini file. In that add the Boom" "spk "'\misc/boom.wav'" with the proper code and also add your bom.wav file in your sound/misc folder of counter strike server. Also download amxx music thingy and update your plugins.ini file. And please also check your master_sound_dl_list.cfg file. After this don’t forget to download your song file, when you join the server. And then go into the speech menu of amxmodx and select your boom.wav file.

Hi try this, first you have to find your Barany file model. . But for sound file you have to refer gcf le from that you will get sound file. Please don’t use your local folder for sound file. You will get sound gcf file from your steam apps folder which is located in program files/steam folder. When you will get this gcf file open this file with gcf program. Then open half-life.gcf and you can see your all sound file and model in half life. I hope this information will help you f you don’t know about gcf file then search it on internet there you will get many gcf files example.