Thread: Vampire Wars: no more NEG BLOOD trick

Vampire Wars: no more NEG BLOOD trick

Being able to do it without consequences doesn't mean its ok to do. There is some coding error, and the devs are working on it. Meanwhile, keep buying minions so you can actually support all that upkeep. Travel with 501 Superior HT/I/Flight. I am playing this Zynga Vampire Wars games on Facebook from almost a year or so. And I have reached 123rd level in Vampire Wars on Facebook.

Re: Vampire Wars: no more NEG BLOOD trick

Just because you can exploit a glitch that hasn't been considered when the feature was introduced doesn't mean its ok. What would happen if they did disable your abilities or imposed some other penalties on you? That screen is a constant reminder that you need to get your blood flow back into positive (back to normal), so I suggest you do so this things. I think this will help you out.

This hasn't been resolved already, so clearly, the solution is not simple. Maybe they just found a solution, but wanted people with neg bloodflow to have a chance to catch up or change strategies, hence the new warning. If the devs went ahead and implemented a punishment for neg blood flow, there would be a barrage of complaints (mainly "there was no announcement!"). So, it would be better to give people a warning to watch the bloodflow, and then start implementing punishment. Warn first, punish second.

As someone who writes SQL queries on a daily basis and also has written HTML/PHP code in past lives, let me assure you the 'fix' to hamstring all abilities if negative bloodflow is trivial, and even if you wanted to get fancy and only hamstring the most expensive abilities that keep you under 0/hr, that's not a mean feat of programming/querying either. Further, one would think they'd have broadcast an announcement and changed it months before; if it were a real problem. Then again I don't often see announcements when changes are made these days? Am I looking in the wrong places? Well, if they do hamstring this method, I'm glad I kept my old ability set.

There are many, many topics on this where Zynga has posted their side of the superior and negative bloodflow issue. Search is a great starting place. If you couldn't find any topics, then you did not search or really try to find a previous thread. Not sure why you would think this issue has not been discussed. Of course, it's been discussed at length. It has been beaten to death, over and over. I used the keywords 'penalty upkeep superior' to find the above, and also found many pages on this topic. This is not new, and of course, it's a known issue or flaw in the game. Everyone knows. Most hate it. They are aware of it. There's really no point in discussing it again because it tends to anger more members than it's worth discussing.

What do you mean by disagree? Are you disagreeing with the fact that people left the game or their reasons for leaving the game? Once you upgrade to Superior, you can't revert. Unless you have very generous clan who will gift LEs to you, you're kind of SOL after upgrading. I know a lot of vamps that quit over it because Zynga gave no warning. Being excited over the new feature, they jumped in and used Favor Points to upgrade quickly. They then discovered they had screwed themselves, and they could no longer win a fight if they then sold off their abilities. I've seen this happen to some strong vamps who couldn't revert after taking the Superior jump. Like I said earlier, this topic tends to anger people. I'm getting angry typing this. I may just avoid it going forward because I have strong feelings on the topic and lost some good clannies when it released. They should give the option to revert or a proper warning BEFORE they take the jump, not after. The current notice is a little too late. Why do they keep that important info hidden? I'll never understand. People are more likely to quit over being blindsided than a penalty. An obvious solution would be a 'heads up' notice before they take that jump.

No, actually it's easy to accomplish a negative bloodflow. People just don't realize the effect of it (higher upkeep); therefore you have all the 'what happened to my blood' queries. Getting a negative bloodflow is very easy; all you have to do is keep upgrading your abilities. Getting out of the negative blood flow is the issue, since there's no 'warnings' or an undo button. The forum community suggest sell off your abilities, as a quick fix to solve the problem. But that goes for everyone, so I still don't see why they would 'allow' it to the players that would take advantage of this flaw/glitch. It can't be that hard to write a function preventing you from having a negative blood flow, while they 'think' about what they should do about it.