Thread: When all quests are done FrontierVille is like Farmville

When all quests are done FrontierVille is like Farmville

I recently finished all current available quests in this game. Without the mundane "click on 600 neighbor cows" or "Plant a absurd number of crops" or "Collect (and lose) a dim number of near impossible to find items" or "Beg your Facebook friends for hammers, nails, spitballs, ink wells, pillows, welcome mats, chicken coop eggs, apricot oils, apple pies, horse poop and the such until they are sick of you and delete you, this game becomes Farmville. Despite my sarcastic, I actually enjoyed the ludicrously tough quests that tested my strategic skills, and social networking know-how. However, while you have no more "quests" left, all you are left with is, farming. Sounds a lot like Farmville. Since having no further quests to complete I have been reduced to, you guessed it, farming. Planting crops to harvest the next day for XP and coin. Before you all rail against me and say, "But this is Beta, and they will design more absurd quests for you to get obsessed with." Let me point out my main complaint with this game. The tag line of this game that they show every time we log on is build a thriving frontier town! So I built the buildings Zynga demanded. I build, but I don't feel like I have a town! (As an aside, one of the quest trees this game has costs the player one million six hundred thousand coins to "Found a Town", and not anything other than an XP and horse shoe reward happens!) My question is where is my town? I am the only resident of my "town". There are no other citizens other than my friends. I have a hundred "neighbors" but they have their own "empty" towns. When will my town be "thriving" like they said, with many citizens? The bottom line is, if this is Farmville with "quests" to keep us clicking, why did they promise us a "Thriving Town"? This needs to be Sims-Frontier. Not Farmville with demands. Please reply with your thoughts.

Re: When all quests are done FrontierVille is like Farmville

The game is still new, there are 4 signs on the frontier that indicate new areas will open up. They probably didn't expect people to finish so quickly. And that's probably why things are getting harder to find and complete. A lot has changed. I never played Farmville or any other game before this, but I hear it was a misery waiting for new quests. I only have 3 more quests then I am done. I have been stocking up on supplies and helping neighbors. When I am done with peanuts I am going to be making a meadow and planting crops to fill up all my collection. I as well get annoyed with some of the changes. Like the welcome mat one. It went from being just had to consume. I was lending out my mats and getting them back to lend again and one day I got 4messages saying they didn't know what happened to the mats. I am sure I will get another welcome mat at some point in time.

I thought there would be more than just my family. I was kind of sad; I wish the teacher would get her out the school and help me harvest something! I know she is there! My friend built like 7 cabins on his homestead. I thought he was trying to collect the mat. Turns out he has his pretend families living there, with different plots and everything. I was getting worried about him there for a second. I at a standstill enjoy the game. I have "met" some really nice (sometimes interesting) people. To me that's the best part. I have gotten to connect with people on the other side of the world. I may not be helping people on a global scale but I know that egg I sent them or that pillow brightened their day. I really try to focus on the positives in people and other things including FrontierVille.

I put the game on hold for now, considering that I finished all the quests a few weeks before, and harvesting everything is just too boring. I previously play Farmville so while I finish the rest of my peanuts and let found a town I, II, and III complete by referring my inn I think I will just cover the place with 'wither protection boost' treated crops and wait for something new to come along. I can't believe we haven't even had any little quests recently.

Now that this game has taken in a lot of popularity and I think is their 3 Or 4, most popular game atm (1.farmville 2.mafia wars 3. Frontier) I think the "town" is on its way, but not yet. Don’t know if the almost total failure of treasure isle had anything to do with why this game is not so "ready"? And as well hope that the 6month or 8month it takes mafia wars to get new town don’t become the sickle of this game too. Well I am just blabbering, really wanted to post you this link, it’s a Farmville parody on YouTube, that man has really funny videos, don’t take it too serious thou, be cool .

I totally agree with the over poster, this is now very boring with little or nothing to do. I only have one quest to complete, the one where you need to find pillows. I have built 10 inns and have never ever found a single solitary pillow, some of these quests are very unfair, and it’s been weeks and weeks since I built multiple inns to find pillows. So, apart from the pillow one, which is impossible to complete, I am done - I loved this app when it started - relished the challenges, and now it’s awful. As well, no one from Zynga ever bothers to reply to anyone who has a problem or grievance which means their customer service is dreadful too.

Here I wish to say something about this game. I play this game from last 5 to 6 months. This is right on point. This is Farmville when quests are done lol. I haven't even finished the quests but it's like I am already playing Farmville. I think they should maybe have more interaction with your other neighbors. Sort of like YoVille where you can meet up and chat, in my opinion. And yeah I think the town is pending hopefully when the signposts are revealed!

Really? I would be surprised if they don't have some test accounts that they run the quests through to see how long it takes or how difficult it was way before they unleash it on the public. Plus, it's not their first game. They should be able to tell by the popularity of their other games how quickly a new one will take off. Personally, I am sitting on my frontier with my geese that I haven't sold yet just building my money up. Figure I will get to about $1.9M and after that sell the geese and automatically finish the money quests and still have cash on hand to do my planting ones. Just drawing things out so I don't get as bored as my neighbors.