Thread: Some first impressions about Fight Night Champion

Some first impressions about Fight Night Champion

I have not yet purchased the game neither have I pre ordered it as yet. I wanted to analyze first as to how the game is because I had an intention of buying a game which was really worth the purchase. Even though I got a glance of that game at my friends place and found the game was quite interesting. Then to I just want to know the views of those people who have really played the game be it the demo or the full version.

Re: Some first impressions about Fight Night Champion

First of all I have to say that the full version is much more better than its demo version. In the demo version there were a lot of problems regarding the technicalities and its performance, and luckily the issues were solved in the full version. I have found that the punch lag was far more improved, and one of the problem which still prevails is that most of the time the Kos don’t even connect properly. So according to me it is a decent game with a nice game strategy.

I have played the game and I had problems with the counter system, and punch reactions. I was uncomfortable with the body shots, and found that the sliders are good for nothing. Even the audio effects while punching seemed to be weird. But what I liked in this game is the effect of body damage that you can give to your opponent. Then actions such as the left hooks, and the jabs are just awesome. I really loved some of the signature punch animations which were included in the game.

If I were to rate this game I would have given 8 out of ten. Still this is not the best that I have played in the series, but have to admit that this game has really got some potential in its game approach. It has successfully solved some of the issues and has even included some good points as well. I found that the legacy mode more interesting. One of the features that I love the most is the capability in which you can edit all aspects of the licensed boxers.

The overall appearance is good, and they have even included “Hayemakers” in round 2 but the things that I found weird were the counter systems, with glued feet, terrible footwork, random 1 punch KO's were confusing, with dreadful hit detection, and there were some other issues that plagued the Fight Night Champion. But I have to say that the “Autoblock”, “Hit detection” and “Gluiding punches” were some eye catchers. So I kind of enjoyed the game.

I think they should have worked a little more on the body shots. I think that the developers have made the body shots just useless as they need to be balanced. Yes I have to admit that if you are a keen player then you will be able to exploit your opponent using certain shots. My opinion about the game is that they should have concentrated more on the game of boxing so that the players could feel the thrill of the Sport. On the whole the game has got quite a good response.

Some of my friends who have played the game online said that the tactics are not useful on a long run in the game. Sometimes I was having trouble with the auto block where I was not able choose the block. What I observed was that the punches that we use in the game are not as that of the real life, they should have made some tweaks regarding effective punches. Using body shots may land you in more trouble where there are more chances of getting hit by your opponent.