Thread: Chat box in Zynga poker is not doing well

Chat box in Zynga poker is not doing well

I really hate staring at offensive chat messages and not being able to do anything about them. Could we please have a Clear button for the chat window? I once just entered "x" several times in a row to clear the chat box, but then I got banned for an hour for flooding. Also, people seem to think that if they insert a space into a cuss word it will defeat the automatic cuss word recognizer. Could you please update the recognizer to detect them and save me the trouble of reporting them all the time?

Re: Chat box in Zynga poker is not doing well

Well according to my experience the chat is really suffering while playing the game. Actually in this game there is a chat box which is not advanced but while playing the game it used to be helpful. But now a days when you are trying to use the same then it will definitely give some problems like lagging messages and also sometimes the message is received too late when the game play of that table is over.

I find that annoying too much as I try not to look, at some point my eye wanders and I get that feeling all over again. In regular tables you can bring up the slots as many users says, or simply leave the table, but in tournaments you're stuck with it. Whatever, within the rules, typed in at an interval of a few seconds to avoid a flooding ban, you may wish to post to cause the offensive text to scroll up out of sight.

There are some good tips here for how to deal with offensive chat messages, but official users original suggestion is actually a good one. And it would be really easy to implement. There really ought to be a clear chat window feature. it would be very cheap and easy to design, test, and roll out - and there are many times when it would be really handy to be able to quickly get rid of the chat text in that window. I hope this helps you up.

Once they made it that a player had to physically sit at a table for the message to show, it made it a lot easier to file an abuse report. Once their name and text is displayed, they've given the rope to hang themselves with, as it stays and the link is active for a report, even though they've flashed in and out of the room in under a second. As I posted elsewhere a lot of the offenders now seem to be at the 'fish' level with only a few chips whereas before someone of them had empty millions and I used to wince at the thought of the ban hammer visitation they were shortly going to receive.