Thread: Anyone experiencing very slow publishing in FrontierVille

Anyone experiencing very slow publishing in FrontierVille

The publish window is taking a long time to load as well as any feed item I click on is taking a long time for the window to load. I am tired of trying to post things to feed while visiting my neighbors and it is frustrating trying to collect off the feed right now. It really makes me not want to publish things to my wall because it limits what I can do on my homestead while I wait for the post window to fill in.

Re: Anyone experiencing very slow publishing in FrontierVille

Farmville isn't lagging, My Tribe isn't lagging, and various other games I play from time to time aren't lagging. My whole FrontierVille game lags badly! It is getting to the point that I don't want to play it anymore. I really liked the content too. Sometimes the little pictures aren't showing up when I post either. I am pretty certain that's a Facebook problem because it's affecting other non-Zynga games too.

Some Facebook users have been experiencing a lot of problems recently, and this is probably related to that. There have been error messages and all sorts of mis-loads all over the place (not just for this). It is annoying for those affected, as the quest requires a lot of Facebook interaction, and with Facebook glitching that obviously is making the quest a lot harder for some people. It is only a localized problem though (not affecting all Facebook users) and they are allegedly working on it, so it should clear (I know, that's no consolation if you missed all those hangers and measurements, and stuff.)

Here I want to say something about the mentioned title. Here I am not discussion about lag. I am talking regarding the popups that are posted to the feed- they are taking a short time to post and I have observed that it is doing that in other games that are non-Zynga along with this and Farmville. I figured it wasn't something everyone was experiencing, otherwise there'd be a lot more hollering here.

The slowness cleared up for me shortly after I posted this thread. I was experiencing it very bad all morning while doing my neighborly visits. Glad it is cleared. Game lag was not bad at all during this time and I am sure it was a Facebook issue. It's one of the reasons I'd like to see changes made to the "begging" missions, as we're running on 2 separate companies systems here, which doubles our chances of problems, and can make things harder sometimes. I don't object to the interaction, and I don't object to the free "advertising" that we effectively provide, but it could be implemented better.

Yes you are right. For example: You could buy your building (if it was a building mission) find you need didgeridoos, hit the "ask button" get the pop up, and when it posts to your wall it would say "XXXX needs didgeridoos, why not help him out at his trading post?" with the link going to your trading post, where if they give you a didgeridoo they get one in return, pretty much like the current system, but run in-game, at a standstill with limits and so forth, but that way if Zynga glitches, or Facebook glitches, instead of being stuck with an 8 hour wait, for not anything, you could post manually to your feed saying "Hey guys, visit my trading post on my frontier, and give me some didgeridoo's can ya? My pop up failed, but I need 4 more to finish building my wobble board factory!" As well that way as well as getting our items, even if Facebook or Zynga fail on us, Zynga at a standstill gets their adverts, even when Facebook fails on them, and it encourages more neighbor visits, which a few people are a bit slack on. Just an idea, but whenever, I think the system could be tweaked.