Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can we run Final Fantasy 7 on windows 7 with dx 11

Video Games

Old 04-03-2011

Can we run Final Fantasy 7 on windows 7 with dx 11

I just wanted to know that can we run Final fantasy 7 on Windows 7 along with DX 11.I know that it needs DX 6 and it previously ran good on the Windows 98 or ME. But now when I start a new game I just get the start screen. After that nothing, it doesn?t even move further. I don?t know what to do next and I need to know some kind of solution to this issue. Please if anyone knows it then do get back to me. I am very frustrated and don?t know what to do.

Old 04-03-2011

Re: Can we run Final Fantasy 7 on windows 7 with dx 11

I think that you can try by updating your Direct X files to the latest version. What you need to do is you just have to get the latest version of it. This will install any of the missing dll files that are not included in the Windows 7.You should check out with this solution. And even if it won?t help you to run Final Fantasy 7 it will definitely help you in playing other games. This is because it is required to run most games in Windows 7.
Old 04-03-2011

I have a solution to this query. To begin with the window 7 does not have the true motion 2.0 codec which is used to run the in game movies. Now without this you won?t be able to start the game. So you need to download the codec. After that you need the patches even though this is known to everyone. Here you need to install the 1.02 patch and then the chocobo patch which should be followed by the mini games patches and all this should be in a exact order. Then save files located in the default directory as the saves will not be changed when you save in-game unless you run Final Fantasy VII as an administrator.
Old 04-03-2011

I think the solution provided earlier is proper but not complete. Now to run the Final Fantasy VII as an administrator without right clicking on the icon and then click the Run as administrator and then click on the Final Fantasy VII icon followed by properties and then the compatibility tab. Now you will see a checkbox next to the words run this program as an administrator. Now check that box and from now on, every time you run Final Fantasy VII, it will run as an administrator. I am sure this will run the Final Fantasy 7 on windows 7.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,