Thread: Will 32 bit RIFT run on 64 bit Windows Operating system

Will 32 bit RIFT run on 64 bit Windows Operating system

Hello friends yesterday I have download this Rift game from the steam as I would want to get my hands on this game, hearing allot of this from the other peoples. But the problem that occurred due to my silly knowledge is that I forget that I had just formatted my system to install the 64 Bit Windows Operating system and the game that I have downloaded from the Steam is of 32 Bits so now I would want to know that will this game run on the 64 bit operating system of mine or not, please provide some quick reply.

Re: Will 32 bit RIFT run on 64 bit Windows Operating system

According to I don’t think so that you will face any kind of problem as such with the game as the game s of a low bit version that the Operating system that you have got installed on your system of yours, what I think is a low grade application will surely run on a high bit operating system, but when it comes to a vice versa case then I believe that there could be some problem with the same, so go on try installing the game and if you have any kind of problem then you must feel free to post again.

Hey friend you can easily run the 32 bit game of your on the 643 bit version of the Windows operating system that you are having on your system and can even play the game very effectively. What I have found is that running a low bit version of the game on the high bit version platform make the most out of the application and that you can even get more high performance as compared to what you were getting earlier. This is because if any information is to be transmitted then it is done in bigger packets of 64bits and not 32bits. So go on and have fun with the game!

Hey guys what I have come to know that the game really becomes complex to run on a higher bit version as it has been desired to run on. The only method to support it to 64-bits is to recompile the game. Now this recompiling will surely require a hell lot of work and as the game advances more and more complexity will come with it. Not to forget the major part of that complexity is the fact that "Rift" is just a custom game shell built on apex of a game engine developed by another company. So the primary step in receiving a 64-bit Rift is to encourage that other company to reconstruct their game engine as a 64-bit application.

I have got the same thing installed on my system the other day when I didn’t know that there could be a problem with the lower bit application not running on the higher bit application as smoothly as it would on the same operating platform. So I just moved forward installing the game on my 64 bit Windows 7 operating system and played the game freely without any problem, but when I noticed this thread I became very anxious to know that will this cause some kind of a problem with the game or the system as I am running some kind of application on the operating system, please do reply.

See if we want to avoid any kind of future problem as such then what I think that you must go to the steam and get the 32 bit version of the same as it will be better for you in the future as well. I always like to get the perfect things in placed and would not like to deal with any problem as such. So if I was on your side I would have directly download the 32 bit version of the game and would have moved forward with the installation and launching the game.

No friend you will not face any problem at all with the game when you have got the game to install on a different version of the platform and you are running it pretty smoothly then what I think is that there could be no further problem as such with the game at all. Also making the lower bit version run on the higher bit version absolutely increase the performance of the game as each and every communication is taken in the order of 64 bit instead of the normal 32 bit.

Hey guys don’t worry go and install the game on the system of your even if you are running the 64 bit version of the Windows or any other operating system as well since it has come to my notice that if we have got a high bite version of the operating system for the game then the game will get the higher FPS count so as what it is getting earliest with the 32 bit version of the Windows. So guys if you are looking for greater FPS count then I would want to suggest you that you should change your operating system to get the 64 bit version of the operating system.