Thread: RIFT Error: 1026 bad data in msvcp90.dll

RIFT Error: 1026 bad data in msvcp90.dll

Hello friends I have got this new RIFT game from the store as soon as I heard that the new story based fighting game has been released and that this is really a good and a awesome game to have. I did managed to get this after I went through many stores and I have got this game installed on my system successfully, but the problem that I am facing is that when I try to launch the game I get a error saying 1026 bad data in msvcp90.dll, now what exactly is this msvcp90.dll related to is the mystery that you people will have to help me to solve, so guys please do provide the suggestion.

Re: RIFT Error: 1026 bad data in msvcp90.dll

Well the first thing that has to be check out is that you will have to remove the game completely and reinstall the game and see what happens, maybe the error that you are getting is related to the game and that if you can reinstall the game and then try to see whether the error remains or gets vanish. So this is the first basic step that has to be done for you to solve the mystery of yours.

Try to locate the file by using the search option and see if you can find the same, what I think is that it could be possible that the problem would be of some other application that might be used by this game and that the application might be having some kind of a glitch in it which is causing the error to occur at the startup of the game, so you will have to test for that and see if can get the exact details from where exactly the error is coming from.

Hey what I think that the error that you are getting is from a driver or something and which is responsible for the generation of this error whenever you try to launch the game. So in order to try all the possibilities what I would recommend you is that you should remove and again carry out the installation of the drivers of yours. With this you will get to know that from where exactly is the error uprising and if you can get the problem solved through the resetting of the driver than good for you or else I think that the glitch has to be in the game.

Guys I am also getting the same error but not when I try to launch the game but when after the game is successfully launched and when I try to get the game to patch then during that time I get this error. However I was able to download the patcher successfully and when I try to login in the progress bar comes and it stays at the same position which later results in generating this error about the msvcp90.dll. In my case I am getting the game to run perfectly but only when I access the patcher is when I get the error so can someone now tell me what is really the problem and how should I try to solve it.

Hey I would recommended that you must try downloading the patcher again and then see if you can get the game to run smoothly after that. There can be many causes for this issue but then again we will have to check each and every option out so as to rectify the error. So the first thing that you will have to check out is that you will have to download the patcher again and will have to once again create your login account for the same, I hope with this you will get the problem solved.

Hey I have searched for the error that most of the people are getting while playing this RIFT game and I have come to know that this error is not related to the game nor to any application but it is related to the operating system that is the Windows that you are running on the system. Msvcp90.dll error messages may emerge while using or installing certain programs as well when Windows runs or shuts down, or maybe even during a Windows installation. So what I can say that you will have to make sure that you have got the Windows currently installed and to test you will have to install the same again and you will surely be able to get this error solved.

Thank you guys for the solutions, I have finally solved out the error that I was facing with the game, I have reinstalled the operating system and I have found that this error was vanished after that , so I cannot say how happy that I am now with the error finally got solved, thank you once again and I would really come back to this forum if after I am having the problem again.