Thread: Blue Screen OF Death while playing MapleStory SEA on Windows 7

Blue Screen OF Death while playing MapleStory SEA on Windows 7

I am using HP Compaq Presario CQ40-627TU laptop on which I have installed Windows 7 on it. I really love my laptop and also the look and feel of the operating system. Whenever I am trying to play MapleStory SEA on the laptop of mine I am getting BSOD on it. I am unable to figure out and how this problem can be solved on the laptop of mine. Any suggestion to fix the problem of mine will be highly appreciated.

Re: Blue Screen OF Death while playing MapleStory SEA on Windows 7

I am unable to figure out the root cause of the problem which is occurring on the computer of yours. can you tell me hardware configuration of the computer of yours? Is there any software or hardware changes which has been done on the computer of yours? l think this problem might be occurring due to compatibility issue with either hardware or software which are installed on the computer? Also tell me whether there is any Firewall installed on the computer or not? Let me answers of the above so that I can tell you further steps to fix the issue.

I was having the same problem which you have provided in the post of yours. I have done lots of research work on this particular problem and also searched on the Google for the countless hours. I have found that this particular problem is associated with Firewall and Antivirus which are installed on the computer. you have to see that Firewall and Antivirus not blocking the running of the game. Finally you need to see that DEP that is Data Execution Prevention is disabled in the game. Go through in to the system and I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I have seen that this particular game is having Compatibility issue with Windows 7 which you have installed on the computer of yours. I think you need to run this particular game in to compatibility mode. Well you can use the following instruction to get the same.
    • You have to locate installer.exe or setup.exe on the computer of yours.
    • Now simply right click on it and select Properties from the right click context menu.
    • Now go for Compatibility tab and simply select the version of the windows which you needed to emulate.
    • Now simply click on the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode’ checkbox and execute the installer.

Can you provide me detailed information of BSOD which is occurring on the computer of yours? I am providing following instruction which you can apply to get the same.
    • You have to download BSOD Dump & System File Collection app and save the same on your document folder.
    • Now simply right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Now you need to execute System Health Report and save the report as a HTML file.
    • Now zip the folder and attach on the post of yours.

Let me know whether Graphic Card Drivers and DirectX on the computer is updated or not. I think this particular problem is associated with above mentioned two things. I recommend that you should visit the developer of the graphic card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for the same. Once you have downloaded and installed the same on the computer and reboot the computer. You should do same thing for the DircetX I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Many users have been provided various solutions in this particular thread. Let me know which solution helped you to fix the problem of yours. If none of them helped you then I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game with this particular issue. you need to provide all the information regarding BSOD and system information of your laptop. They will work around on the situation and release the update for the same.

Blue Screen OF Death while playing MapleStory SEA on Windows 7

I am using HP Compaq Presario CQ40-510TU laptop on which I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Whenever I am trying to play MapleStory SEA on the laptop of mine I am getting BSOD on it. I had tried many ways to fix this problem but none of them work. Any suggestion to fix this problem of mine will be highly appreciated. Pls take a look at my dumps.

The problem of BSOD only when you are trying to play the MapleStory games might be caused because of some issue with Graphic card or its drivers which is installed in your system. You Graphics drivers might be outdated. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you have installed the latest updates of drivers for your graphics card. You can get the updated drivers from the official website of the manufacturers of your video card. Also make sure that you constantly perform windows update as it will detect all new updates for your system automatically.

Oh... can u let me know which of my driver's are outdated?

Normally, if your graphics driver are out to date then it is possible that the game might not work on your laptop. So, in this case you need to download the latest graphics driver and install it in your laptop. For that, download a tool called DriverFinder that automatically scans, downloads, and installs updated drivers for your PC. Many drivers may be obtained freely by manually visiting device manufacturer websites as well.