Thread: Why can’t we gift quest items in FrontierVille

Why can’t we gift quest items in FrontierVille

It’s almost impossible to get stuff the normal way since they limit how often you can’t ask for stuff you need. So if I have mallets or charters I don’t need I should be able to gift them like I would nails or hammers. Of course this is a way for Zynga to generate money by getting frustrated players to just buy stuff they need for quests since they can’t get it from their neighbors the normal way. People are becoming increasingly angry and frustrated at these tactics.

Re: Why can’t we gift quest items in FrontierVille

I am guessing because people were gaming the system, while you utilized to be able to send stuff (in other words in extreme instances making multiple accounts, and sending themselves the whole thing they ever needed, and therefore 'beating' the system). I really doubt that "beating the system" was prevalent. I believe it's simply Zynga's greed. Yes, I love this game too, but I do think that Zynga is chasing away players (who may actually buy horseshoes occasionally) just by trying to force people to buy horseshoes to be able to conclude quests more simply. I bought some because I wanted some horses, but last time I checked they took the horses and mules out of the Market. How does that make any sense?

I would be very surprised, considering the fact I would be surprised if that many people actually pay real money for a shingle, or a window. These things, while annoying to get are perfectly achievable in game, so I doubt many people spend money on them; however there is a long history of people "cheating" apps on Facebook with multiple accounts. I know on a number of apps that limits are in place on what can be transferred, between players, for these reasons. It's a temporary measure, not sure why, or when, or how they will return, so I can't answer how it makes sense up till now.

Well, maybe we will get lucky and they'll show up like the rest of the regular animals, be for sale for coins and wood or coins and food, and so forth. My friend opened a Facebook account for me back in January, but at that time I didn't want it so he "deactivated" it. Now he and his wife are expecting a baby, so I wanted it to be able to keep in touch with him and I discovered FrontierVille then. I thought you couldn't open a second FB account, so I don't understand how people are doing that; doesn't it get some hidden number from your computer? Sorry, I am just not very tech savvy I guess. Plus, to be honest, I was raised to not cheat.

Clearly you aren’t reading posts I the various FrontierVille sites around here and the net. Quests have become nearly impossible to achieve especially if you don’t have 12 hours a day 7 days a week to beg for stuff over and over. If you think this was doing by Zynga to prevent people from beating the systems you’re naive. Besides explain to me what the dissimilarity is between me asking strangers to be my friend so I can achieve a quest or save some money without having to pay to open an item or just creating a new account to achieve the similar end. I think Zynga needs the money less than hard working stiffs. Or maybe you haven’t seen the profits they and their founder are posting. This tactic is to make them more money period not to prevent people "cheating"

Technically there's nothing to stop someone opening a second account, but it is against Facebook's rules, so if they get caught they can have the accounts deleted, but there are people out there who make (and amazingly sell!) accounts by the 1000's. I know of one person (not as a friend, but from another website) who sells Facebook accounts in groups of 10,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 at a time. Yes, people pay him for 100,000 accounts at a time, which are utilized mainly for spamming, and other not particularly nice marketing reasons. I as well know that some gamers, especially gamers with bots (automated software, which does jobs for them) at time have 1,000's of accounts for cheating at games. They can use the 1,000's of accounts to send themselves stuff, over and over and over, until they max out on them. I won't provide more details, on here, because I don't want to teach other people who read the thread, how to cheat, but it's a actual headache for lots of the application developers, because selling of in game goods is how they make their livings, so if people start sending the stuff around free, using multiple accounts, and overloading servers, and unbalancing games, and spamming news feeds, and general cheating and so on, it's really doing a lot of damage. It's a major trouble that both Facebook, and application designers like Zynga, is functioning strongly to counter.

You can't accurately call a company that makes a game in order to make money greedy by coming up with ways to make money. It simply doesn't make sense. They are not in the business of game charity. They are working. It is their job. Just like the clerk at the grocery store isn't volunteering her time. Is she greedy for expecting to get paid? And I am sick of people complaining about how it is impossible to finish anything. I have finished quests, and plenty of them. I am almost complete with the toll booth and haven't spent a single horseshoe. It isn't impossible, people who say that are just butt hurt that they can't do it as immediately as they want to. Get over it or don't play, but for crying out loud stop whining at everyone.

I have, have u seen what's on the other side of the balance sheet? As for being naive for believing it's to stop people gaming the system, I don’t think it's naive to believe that, as many app developers, and Facebook themselves, have spent thousands of hours trying to deal with something they publicly see as a major trouble. As I said in my previous post, people are making fortunes selling accounts, it's big business, both for spamming purposes, for deception purposes, marketing purposes, and cheating at games, so it's not some make believe junk I read on a forum somewhere, it's a known problem.