Thread: Horseshoe pit dropped to 4 throws in FrontierVille

Horseshoe pit dropped to 4 throws in FrontierVille

I haven't played it in a while and I attempted today and played 3 times. The 1st and 2nd times my 4th throw was the wild one and on the final game it was the 3rd throw. Did they drop the number of throws again down to a max of 4? We have all be complaining that a max of 8 throws was too low. Is it just me or is anyone else having this happens as well? Anyone have any solution for this or any idea about this? If anyone find any information or any other useful information for this than please just let me know.

Re: Horseshoe pit dropped to 4 throws in FrontierVille

Well, last time I tested it was at 7 at a standstill. And I test with an average of 360 HS in one sitting (numerous games of course) to have any statistic relevance. Just went and tested with ten games:
    Throws - score
    7 - 11
    7 - 6
    4 - 7
    5 - 10
    7 - 6
    4 - 6
    5 - 7
    7 - 8
    7 - 6
    7 - 9

So the advice is still: Hard cap at 7 throws, with a good chance of less, so stay away until changed. Those are painful scores. 9 games without a single HS prize, 8 with not anything better than an OX, and half your games giving a top prize of a pear tree (935 coins) or less. For 70 HS I'd want more than that.

Yes, I also have same thing and I have tried in relation to the much agreed upon 7 throw cap. Logic would say if there is a 7 throw cap, you have to get the ringer each throw, so cash out while you get something besides a ringer. I have not been able to get anything beyond 4 ringers in a row. I as well tried a combo of ringers and touches and did not get far sufficient to be worth anything. What I fear is that there is not a solid 7 throw cap and it is not there in some throw sessions. I am still waiting for someone to say they legitimately have gone beyond 7 throws since the nerfing took place. I have not gone beyond 7 at all since the nerfing and have done dozens upon dozens of attempts in trying to get past the 7 throw cap. I have stopped because I want to hold on to my previous winnings.

I am pleased to know it's not just me. I have been getting less and less lately. The last few times I have played I have "missed" each single time. Doesn't make for a very fun game to play. You devise this like you control whether you get a ringer or not it is all chance and really a poor chance I had over 100 Hs and now down to 40 and have just gotten 2 mules as my best prize. I have thus since quit playing the waste of a game. I was blowing through too many HS. I don't even go for the free throws anymore because I know I will get wracked in.

I think the biggest trouble is not that the odds are rigged; you expect that in a game of chance like that, where the owner of the game is annoying to make a profit, especially with such a huge jackpot. I think the actual trouble is that over half the prizes are just not very attractive, so you walk away feeling very let down by the game, and feeling it's really bad value, where, with a few tweaks, and a better range of prizes, the game would easily become more attractive again, and probably a lot more profitable. Like I was thinking regarding this, while we had the recent expansion I remember a lot of positive posts about the free mystery animal crates that they were giving away for expanding, and I also remember a few people mentioning the 'value' of mystery crates, and thinking Zynga was generous for giving away a couple of 40 HS crates for free!

It's really not something to make a commotion about, and the dissimilarity isn't really going to impact your game play much. In terms of appearance, I personally don't like the pink alpaca (I appreciate others will like it though), and prefer the goose, but leaving opinion aside, there's probably an identical amount of effort, and art work gone into both. So what makes the goose worth a mere 300 coins, and the pink alpaca worth a massive 40 HS? It's the fact that the pink alpaca is rarer, and can only be got by paying 40 HS, in other words its value is not based on anything tangible, but on its created scarcity, and value. Now go back and look at the HS prizes, the cherry tree, the pig, and so forth, and they are common, simple to get, cheap, and undesirable items, so their value is low, however, it wouldn't take much, and wouldn't cost much, to swap out for other prizes, of a similar real life value, that felt a lot more desirable, and valuable to the players.

It's sort of like the mystery gift; everybody wants the bike, not because it has a value, but because it can only be got that way. Make the HS pit prizes "rare", and unexpectedly they seem worth more, and then when people hit 9, and lose, they feel like they've not done quite so badly and therefore they are more likely to pay to play again. Sure, tweaking the odds, and maybe reducing the jackpot to make that happen, might also need to be done, but the game can be made a lot more attractive, very simply, without Zynga spending any extra real life money on it.

We just get one free throw a day (plus you get one free throw on your neighbors every 24 hours, but it doesn't add to the score you got on your own). I am not sure why I spend so much time talking regarding the HS pit, To Be Honest it ain’t like I can afford real money for it, so my throws have been few and far between. I lastly got mine to work today for the first time ever and I just got one throw, then it wanted to charge me horseshoes to throw any more. It’s just Awesome.