Thread: Need Historical information regarding FrontierVille

Need Historical information regarding FrontierVille

I just newly start playing this game. I played Zynga’s other games and I really likes to play this game. Even my many friends are just, I can say, made for this. But while I come to play this game, I just can’t get it properly. Therefore, here I just want some Historical information of FrontierVille. Is there anyone else have any idea or any information regarding this? If anyone find any information regarding this topic than please just provide me or share it with me.

re: Need Historical information regarding FrontierVille

I personally enjoy playing my game as it was in real life. I use to play Farmville the similar way, as many of you have stated you have, and lost interest when they began adding weird contraptions that weren't normally found on a farm. I too am hoping FrontierVille does not go down the same route. This is a thread for what you perceive a frontier of having, give a short history on your objects of choice, and so on. I have recently read that many are stating that greenhouses, as what will be coming out in the future, are not very FrontierVille-like.

A history of greenhouses: The first greenhouse was actually built in 30AD for the roman emperor Tiberius to satisfy his cravings for cucumbers out of season. As glass was not invented instead they used what is known as mica. The first practical greenhouse was built in 1699 by a French botanist to grow medicinal plants. The first greenhouse in the USA was built in 1777 to grow fruit. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of it but I am sure it was nowhere near as extravagant as today’s greenhouses. I am sure the developers of the game will take the historical perspective into account when they design the greenhouse for FrontierVille. Are there any particular buildings you would like to see in the game? What is the history of them?

It's not that their historically inaccurate, it's that the majority of pioneers would not have had one on their homestead. These were extremely poor farmers for the most part. Glass was a luxury. Most didn't even have glass windows in their cabins. Besides, I really don't see why there is a "need" for a greenhouse. Out of all the buildings that they could be making for us (and that we've requested), why are they choosing to make this one? To store trees in? Who wants to store trees? In its place of wasting space with a building that no one seems to have asked for, why not give us our saloon, or bank, or undertaker, or train depot, and so on?

I am quite sure that ice cream sandwiches weren't being made back in Frontier times either, if they only could do a little research before putting out new stuff. I guess they don't mind looking dim? A simple 'hillbilly' greenhouse wouldn't be out of the question - it’s noted many times in history that men and women did whatever they could to make their spouses happy to either make life easier, or to keep themselves alive. I think I am going to go google crazy at work and try to look up what greenhouses might have looked like back in that time frame.

I have done numerous researches on pioneer times since I started this game. I really hoped the game would stick to a more frontier/rustic theme, instead of things like a hot tub with a duck and ice cream energy boosts. But I know they implement things just to add new stuff - just wish it would be more accurate. I would love to see a jail, saloon or train depot. Not sure how they would work it in the game but I know it could be possible (quests revolving around them like the land office and shed.)

Re: Need Historical information regarding FrontierVille

I am in agreement with all of you--would like to see authentic buildings and activities first, church, train depot, palisade fort, blacksmith, livery stable, soap maker and chandler, and so on. As it is, I have adapted some buildings and named to a different purpose, an inn as a saloon/house of ill repute, a scrubby looking cabin with a barbed wire fence as a jail, and so on. One of my hobbies is smoking meat and there was a smokehouse on just about everyone's property. I have studied these in this country from earliest days in the 1700s. There could be quests to raise a cow, sell it and deliver to the smokehouse to turn into food. The possibilities are endless here; they do not need to deteriorate into anachronistic cheese. It looks like there needs to be someone in Zynga who doesn't think like a California Wal-Mart Buyer-In-Charge.