Thread: The aesthetics of FrontierVille

The aesthetics of FrontierVille

How much does the aesthetics of FrontierVille matter to you. I am a bit nutty about this myself I like my place to at a standstill look a bit like a real frontier. I have some grasses and wildflowers and cactuses growing. I have not turned all available space into farm plots. I know that animals do not stand in neat little rows, so mine are scattered about in the pens. I visit other places and notice that for a lot of people, this doesn't matter. Ranks of animals are lined up right in front of the inn door, for example. No "wildness" left on their frontiers. Thought it might be fun to see others' thoughts on this.

Re: The aesthetics of FrontierVille

I used to it that way to but downside is all nice looking etc, you don’t level fast maybe 2a week or so depending. Now I adopted animals in nice little rows re-ordered my homestead all (nice) packed to gather for optimal planting and animal placing, while each bit of my homestead is placed, I have optimal gaming, and I gain now 1level every 1a 2days. So I prefer that way then all nice looking homesteads and since I completed all quests I have nothing else to do then level up.

I like my neat little rows of animals. But I also keep wild areas growing. I have got a fox, snake and ground hog in the wild area to, so I need not fight them unless I want to. I would like to get rid of some of my planted plots, but I am on the 1600 peanuts task yet. After that is complete, there will be a bit more wild area, but I expect to still have my fenced in and lined up animals. I like it looking like a real frontier too. I have kept some old trees, but I get rid of the grass because it just annoys me. But I have used the stones to build a little courtyard thing where the Inn, the School and the Shop are so that it looks like a wee village area and then I have my farm separate.

I like my frontier to look like a frontier, too. I utilized to have my animals arranged in more "natural" poses, but when I started with the animal quests, I adopted the neat line method for ease of clicking, and space constraints. Except for my sheep and goats which I allow to free range graze in the wilds while I am finished with those quests, I will go back to random animal placement. I would say that probably about 1/3 of my frontier is wild, though I am going to have to be scaring some bears now, so unfortunately I will have to chop some of my big trees. Oh well, they will grow back!

I like things looking more natural, but making me build so many buildings I didn't want cluttered it up. Then I got bored with too much money and too few quests, so I built more. I do not line animals up in neat little conga lines, cause animals don't do that. Mine hang out with each other wherever they happen to be, usually over a hay bale or a clover patch I have made for them. I do not keep adult animals, but turn them over like I would if I had a real homestead. Now I do have the liberty cannon, cherry trees, fireworks and a whiskey jug, but no other "decorations" My 3rd great grandfather the pioneer would have howled with laughter if he would ever seen those flower beds or hot tub with the little ducky. And I have a saloon/house of ill repute down in the corner, because an "ordinary" or tavern was usually the first thing that sprang up in a colonial or Wild West town.

I like my frontier to have some semblance of a frontier. I at a standstill haven't cut down a lot of my trees at the top of my property and I have a fenced off area full of grass, wildflowers, and a pond where my cows "roam" and "graze." The peanut challenge is going to take me a long time because I just refuse to make space for them all. I have a decent size plot of peanuts and have a small space of about 26 for any other crop I feel like doing in the meantime.

I tried the natural look, but it required too much effort to maintain. My animals are lined up in neat rows for ease of harvesting, as are my crops and orchards. The one aesthetic thing I insist on is having the tall stuff in back and the short stuff in front. My 'north' walls are full of mature oaks and pines, with the Inns and Schoolhouses nestled in the woods. After that come my shorter buildings, each surrounded by a U-shaped orchard. Then crops organized by height, and paralleled by animals. (I do have my massive chicken collection in the back, since I just harvest through Coop bonus.) My swimming Hole is nestled in the midst of wildflowers. I keep the grass tended but let the skulls and rocks and cactus grow wild. It's more organized than most would expect for a frontier, but apparently my farm women are retentive as am I.

I utilized to let my animals graze all over the place holding the grasses and skulls back, but I establish grouped animals are more efficient when your hire friends to help. So I don't line up my sheep but I do put them in tight little packs like they would do if they saw a coyote. I leave my upper corner pretty wild and just build new buildings if I have to. I have mine set into quadrants. One is 'downtown', the other is my homestead, another is the animals and orchard area, and the last is my 'wilder' area with some trees, a log, and wagon, tent, and campfire and swimming' hole. I rather like that I have an area set aside to remain a tad unkempt.