Thread: Helping Neighbors in FrontierVille

Helping Neighbors in FrontierVille

I am playing this game from very long ago. And I really like this game. Do you help out your neighbors with items on their wish lists or do you hoard the collectibles in case you need them? I have been quite lucky with my neighbors, we all share what we have when someone needs it, and I have found with this game the players tend to be fairly generous when it comes to passing on collectibles. Anyone have any experience or any thoughts on this?

Re: Helping Neighbors in FrontierVille

It depends what kind of neighbor they are. If they have a very low rep compared to their current level and has all these quest items on their wishlists and none of those items on their farm it looks to me like they are just sitting back and waiting for someone to give it to them. I gave one such neighbor something to complete a quest and they didn't even have the courtesy to send me back something on my wishlists and the stuff on my wishlists at the time was only building materials. I only wanted those, not a darn goat. The just reason I helped that neighbor out is because I have known them for a few years through another game.

I have a few neighbors I attempt to help out as much as I can. If I have completed the quest and don't have any spare items I will sometimes try to get one. One neighbor is just a beginner player so I most likely have extras of the things she needs to progress. She tends my peanuts every day and that's a great help. The other neighbor I have a soft spot for was one who sent me a collectable that was on my wish list for days. I check her list each day and if I can help her, I will. I am always on the lookout to help the neighbors who gift regularly and visit my frontier, but I will not help the ones out that are asking for all these rare items and do little or nothing to be a neighbor.

I help my neighbors with their wish list whenever possible with the one exception of tools. They are so darn hard to collect enough of and I don't let those go. I have one neighbor which is all the time asking for tools and currently they are upset that nobody is gifting them to them. I tried to tell them that they are just so hard to come by and they would be better off asking for them from the free gifts. But the next day there was another request from the wish list with a 'nobody ever helps me' message. They posted that they give tools whenever someone else asks so I am getting the idea that they still have no clue they are giving away from their own stash.

I give out my extras. I look ahead to see what I need and one time I have reached that then I give out the ones I don't need. I have some friends that help out constantly on my wish list so I make sure to help them out on their first earlier than I do the others. I think a few of them don't know that they need those items later on so if I see those items on their list that they have given me after that I will work hard to get them for them. Seeing as I am on the plant a bunch of flax and I know the peanuts next along with the save up your money quests I can simply help them out now as I wait.

That's what I am doing now; I gave away a few peanut shells, a few clover tea pots, lots of prairie piles, and an assortment of other things. I regularly look for extra apple pies, ribeyes, and so on. I just have one spare doormat and I would like to maybe use that to turn my collection in. If I get another one, it will go to a needy neighbor. I love helping people and I don't expect anything in return other than visit my farm. Most of the time I just have building supplies on my list. I am just not interested in helping the 'taker' neighbors.