Thread: Rift: Unable to connect to character selection server

Rift: Unable to connect to character selection server

Yesterday I have installed the Rift in my gaming ring. From then I can able to connect to whichever available character selection server. I didn’t get any trouble with that. But today for an hour at this moment it is not possible for me connect to whichever character selection server. It keep on saying me that unable to connect. No matter what I do to my computer the issue remains the same? What can I do now? Does anybody know the fix for this issue? Please somebody help me because I am eager to play this game anyhow.

Re: Rift: Unable to connect to character selection server

I think that the server which you are trying to connect may be already full with traffic with other players. No matter how many servers available for you, once the traffic is flooded in your ISP then it sometime become impossible for you to connect. The reason is your computer is only sending and receiving traffic through some single restricted port. Due to this the ISP unable to direct the traffic to targeted server. Otherwise the IP might have been blocked or restricted access to those servers. If this is the case then you need to contact your ISP. Otherwise the issue will not resolve.

For this issue I have a simple solution which can be executed without any trouble. What you need to do is create an additional account for login, it may help you. However I assume that you can connect to other game servers. But in this case I have heard several rumors about the Rift (TRION) and some ISPs. There is some cold war going on in between them. But it is not good issues while the release of Rift Beta version. Seems to be the right time to change the ISP by now.

The BT port problems are at rest unsettled through BT and the awful reports this sunset from UK gamers is that Virgin Media gamer are currently experiencing the similar problems. This might be downhill to the changes TRION ended last night to resolute several of the additional port problems. By means of Virgin Media as well as BT being 2 of the major ISPs in the UK, this is a large issue for TRION at this vital release of beta stage. I hope that it will going to resolve soon.

It seems to me that the ports which your computer communication with servers might be blocked. Possessions that can reason these ports to be infertile are,
    • Router not settled to permit particular ports.
    • Firewalls on the computer are avoiding connection
    • ISP is blocking ports on their side

I would like to agree to everybody be familiar with that we are at rest actually looking into receiving everybody through this problem to game from our side maybe still for the period of the release beta except at the instant you will require to obtain these ports unlock.

First of all I need to know that whether you are behind any firewall program or not. If you have installed any powerful firewall program other than the Windows firewall then you might need to disable it once while connecting to the server. Have you checked the other games? If you can connect with other games to their respective server then you don’t need to worry about your computer. The problem really about the character selection servers of Rift. Just check from other PC.