Thread: Rift error shows external IP address has changed

Rift error shows external IP address has changed

Few days ago i have installed the Rift game on my computer. Till yesterday i didn't get any problem while connecting to the server. Right now I've been dealing with as error message like "You are not certified to play the game." I need to log in more than five times to get into. Later I have installed a new patch for this issue. After this I got another new error showing me that my external IP address has altered while you final authenticated. How can I fix it? Is it the issue only for beta?

Re: Rift error shows external IP address has changed

This is the most probable problem. NAT is causing the computer to account an inner IP address (192.168.x.x) as a substitute of the exterior public IP address. This is absolutely caused as a result of port mapping. As you know that the public IP always changes when you change the location. Seems to me that the game is referring this public IP only rather than the inner IP.

In my case the IP address didn’t changed at all because at the time I got the error message, I checked it right away. So it seems to me that problem resides in the game or game patch which you have downloaded later. However many people still didn’t get the patch for beta version. Due to this the company still not familiar about the issue in the game. I hope that in the next release of patch they will surely going to fix it in any manner.

I think that somebody is dragging your leg. It might be something related to the Internet provider. If you're making use of a DSL otherwise cable modem, unplug it intended for a small number of seconds after that plug it back to the same position. Stay for each and every one of the lights to twist green. If that doesn't resolve the issue, in that case reboot your PC. It may surely going to fix your issue. If the problem still persists then you might need to contact your ISP.

I think that you are either behind the proxy or router or may be firewall. Otherwise you may not get the IP related issue in the game. There is might be Proxy address which is interfering with the game authentication. So just disable it and see what you will get. Furthermore if you are behind the router then it might be possible that the server to which you are trying to authenticate will be referring the router assigned IP. But still it seems to be little confusing for now.

I haven’t seen this kind of error message while playing it in my computer. There couldn’t be any reason for the modification of the external IP. The first error you are getting may be due to the server time out or any issue with latency. Other than this the authentication will not fail. It is a just the issue between the internet bandwidth and your computer.