Thread: computer shuts off only in rift

computer shuts off only in rift

This is the third time my system shuts off automatically, and this happening after install the Rift game in my system, I can’t understand whether this is happening for the game or for any other cause. My system is running with windows 7 64 bit system architecture. And other hardware specifications are like 580gtx nvidia graphical interface, 16 gigs ddr 3 ram. What should be the cause for the automatic shut down the system, is there anyone having any idea or any one also facing same issue?

Re: computer shuts off only in rift

The problem I think is occurring for the gaming console, might be any one of the game file is not properly collaborate with the system installed file. i had relevant issue , and after a deep research on this, I found that the problem is occurring for any one of the gaming installed file, which was running with the system log file in the process tab under control panel. I suggest you to check this if there is nay file is running with any of the gaming process then kill that one and then try to play the game.

I think there is any virus file affect your system, for that I recommend you to scan your system fully with a up to date antivirus program, in some of the threads I found that automatic restart problem in any windows environment can be issued for the virus file so if this one also happened with you then there is only solution for this, simply scan your system with the antivirus and remove that one be sure that the virus database file is recently updated, try this, it will surely help you.

The problem sounds like either for heating problem or power supply, or RAM. Since the heat can cause problems with power and RAM, you should look at that first in your system. Portable computers usually do not have enough space underneath them for the fan to push hot air efficiently. Try rising off the table or desk and see that helps. You should try a program called SpeedFan. Provide temperature readings in your case, within about one minute. Try before and after lifting it off the desk.

As per my opinion the problem might also be occurred for any of the hardware device, for that open device manager and make sure that that all the hardware devices working fine with all of its functions., but if you found any such problem with any of the hardware device then first of all simply reload that one and if this also not help you then try to update the driver firmware, for the confirmation about the hardware devices, start your system in safe mode, if the game is running fine then ok otherwise follow the above mentioned trick.

I also think that the issue is caused by a driver problem, but usually crashes that are repeated or frequently happens with an excessive temperature of the CPU and video card, the crash and shut down for safety are not to compromise, the system can burn everything with this, is the system turns off with a certain time interval? However, using the SIW programs to check the sensor of the temperature and if this is the case I suggest you reduce the temperature of your system first then try to open the game.

The problem that you motioned in your post, for that after applying the above mentioned processes if you are still facing the problem then go for reinstallation of the game, because I think any one of the game file is either corrupted or missing from your system or from the installed folder. First of all remove the existing files from your system, and also empty other files of the gaming console those are stored into the temporary folder and into the windows registry editor. Now reboot your system and proceed for the fresh installation. Try with this; I hope it will somehow help you overcome from the problem.