Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Rift got High Latency

Video Games

Old 03-03-2011

Rift got High Latency

At whichever additional time my latency typically sits among 40-100ms, although once I obtain wherever close to a Rift otherwise Invasion, it points right up to in the middle of 20,000-270,000ms and either ultimately disconnects me or extremely gradually falls if I can find far sufficient away exclusive of dying from imperceptible mobs. I adore the game except being not capable to contribute in whichever of those is receiving to be over a slight provoking. I'm through Virgin Media and play on more than a few of the English PvE servers, however the trouble perseveres everywhere. I am hoping that there might be a fix for this problem.

Old 03-03-2011

Re: Rift got High Latency

I appear to notice a connection flanked by latency as well as FPS. My latency/ping sets of incline whilst there are allot of gamers near similar to in Rifts etc. and my FPS appears to plunge in sync through lofty ping. At this moment if you put back those players by way of NPC's/MOB's I do not obtain the similar fall in FPS and impales of latency. Therefore it does not appear to be connected to graphic depiction except further players causing lofty latency and stumpy FPS. It is not the single issue but it is still exist.
Old 03-03-2011

I am in the midst of Orange in my country and am getting the similar like plenty of additional users. I obtain steady high latency throughout peak hours. (2k-70k ms). Unluckily numerous ISPs sighted the augmented traffic toward the fresh rift servers like peer to peer movement. Consequently a number of large ISPs throttled traffic passing through those ports automatically.
Old 03-03-2011

The game uses a number of ports 6520 from side to side 6540 and these precise ports are being throttled by a number of ISPs at this moment. Currently as a replacement for of OPENING them, you ought to shut them and strength the game to make use of an unrestricted port (port 80). To compel your PC to make use of the 80 port (normal web browser traffic), put in a law to your firewall program in order to chunk incoming TCP traffic toward 6520 all the way through 6540 port array (I essentially place 6000-7000 to be certain).
Old 03-03-2011

It may be essential to arrange together your firewall as well as your router previous to annoying to play game called RIFT. The word "firewall" indicates to software on your PC that is destined to avoid programs from accessing the network or Internet exclusive of your authorization. While a "router" is a gadget that typically connects among your PC and your cable otherwise DSL modem, and is intended to permit further than one device to bond towards the Internet concurrently. By this way only you can reduce the latency issue in Rift.
Old 04-03-2011

Latency may not be only due to the internet or port from which the traffic is going through. There might be some other reasons for this. Firewall can be configured according to your needs. But if there is something issue on the ISP side then you don?t get to know about that. The thing is that just block the port which are not necessary for this and only access the traffic to through the free port.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , ,