Thread: Rift causing problems in launching

Rift causing problems in launching

Hey guys I brought the Digital Version of Rift yesterday and downloaded from the client successfully on my system and even I successfully logged into the patch. But the problem is that when I clicked on the rift launcher to play the game it gives me an error saying that "Rift has Stopped Working". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game many times but still I have the same problems. When I click on the launcher I get the error saying that hardwaredetector.exe has stopped working, and then when I click play in the launcher I get message saying that the Rift has stopped working error. So can someone help me to know that what exactly is the problem and how can I solve it.

Re: Rift causing problems in launching

Hey buddy you just mention that you were successfully able to get into the patcher of the game but you are not able to launch the game that is you are not able to play the game so what I suggest is that through the patch you must recognize what is the problem that you are facing and should be able to get the problem solved through it. I think the patch is usually developed to help you in all the problems that you are facing and so I suggest you to access the same.

Hey friend instead of launching the game through the icon that you have got after the installation of the same why don’t you go into the Rift Game folder and try to run the Rift.exe file from there maybe the shortcut that you have got on the desktop not allow to launch the game correctly, so by going directly through the rift.exe file you will surely be able to launch the game correctly. So try this option out and then see if you are able to launch the game or not, I hope this does the trick for you.

Hey friend I have tried out using the solution that you have mentioned that is to directly the run the game through the rift folder that is by clicking on the rift.exe file but then again I am getting an error saying that my d3dx9_43.dll file was not meant for windows or was corrupt. But I have got the Windows Xp 32 bit version operating system installed on my computer which can easily run the game, but then also I am getting the error while launching the game, even through the patcher I am not able to get the game to launch perfectly, can anyone provide more relevant solutions.

Dude since you have got the game file downloaded from the client so I think that there could be a problem in the game and that is the reason why you are unable to launch the game perfectly. Since you mentioned that you purchased the game digitally so installing the same game again will not prove beneficial for you, what you will have to do is that you will have to again download the same from the client in the hope that it will function properly after you download the same again. Or if any of your friends are having then please get it from them.

I was also having the same problem with the game as when I try to launch the game I was also getting the error saying that the unable to launch the Rift, so after finding various solutions for the same I finally did got one and it di solved all my problems with the launching of the game. What I did is that I went into my Windows folder, and then into Syswow64 and copied the d3dx9_43.dll file into my System32 folder. I then deleted the file and then when I launched the game it was successful this time around. I know that this is a silly solution but was the only one so I had to follow it.