Thread: Rift Display driver stopped responding

Rift Display driver stopped responding

I installed Rift video game in my windows 7 compatible dell inspiron laptop, I basically use this system for the gaming purpose, and this a newly released game. I played it for first few minute, but after that I suddenly stopped working, when I tried to stop and play the game gain, it flashes that the display driver is stopped working. Now what should I do to overcome this? I need to play this; any reply for this problem will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Rift Display driver stopped responding

This might be a minor issue, so as a first reply on this problem I recommend you turn off the system and keep it aside for first few minutes. Though in some of the cases I found that, these types of problem might be resolved by reboot the system but between that you need to give some time of gap. This can be happened for extra heat of the system, in that time some of the hardware are might be stopped working. Now after few minute start the system and check, I hope the problem will not be arrived from this time.

Is the gaming console is compatible with the graphical environment that you are using. Some of the games are need for high definition games. So first of all make sure about this and then proceed for nay trick to apply for resolve this issue. Along with this also be sure about the monitor or laptop temperature that is made while you are playing the game. If this heated as more from its requirement then first of all cool it down.

Is there any other a game is installed or any of the older game is totally removed from your system physically? If yes then remove that one one first, along with this also remove its containing files from the windows temporary folder and from the registry editor. if any one of the file of that existing game is situated there then the problem might be occurring for that also. Go through this, it will help you somehow.

As per my opinion, this also can be happened for the graphical interface, I would like to suggest you to try once by reload the graphics driver in your machine, for that ping to the device manager and from there open the display tab, right click on the driver name and choose the advanced recommended update option by right click on it. It will first ask you to locate the installation file from any of the location. Browser and select that file and then terminate the process. Wait till the process completes, and after complete this reboot your system. go through this, I hope it will surely help you to overcome from the problem.

Is there any third party software program or any visual effect is installed in your system, and then simply remove that one. Whereas I was also facing relevant type of problem in my system with a high definition game, and then I also go for the solution, looked for this in many of the web sites, and applied few them, as per my requirement, but nothing was helped me. After that one of my friends suggests me to go for this process. Check these into the program and features folder under control panel, and if you found any one of them those are installed without your prior information then remove that one.

Whereas the error message that you are getting is flashing the problem with the graphics driver, for that I suggest you to update the driver firmware version, for that check for offline solution, ping to the manufacturer web site and from there look for the driver firmware version, check the firmware version, should be compatible with the driver that you are using download and install this, reboot your system. if the problem is actually happening for the graphics driver, then by this it will surely overcome.

If the problem is actually happening for the graphics driver, this can also be happening for the operating system, some of the files of the gaming application, can be corrupted the hardware files or the operating system files those are collaborate with the gaming application, helps to run the game. so if this happens, then simply try once by repair the windows version, for that insert the installation disk into the CD ROM drive, and then start the installation process, now from the installation windows click on repair option, wait till eth process completes ,and after complete the process reboot your system. if there is any kind of problem with the windows platform then by this it will be resolved. Otherwise you need to go for the fresh operating system re-installation.