Thread: Rift: Blank Screen at the time of Startup

Rift: Blank Screen at the time of Startup

I am getting an issue while playing Rift on the computer of mine. I am getting black screen once I have clicked on the play button of the game. Well on the computer of mine all the updating stuff is done by the client and play button pop up on the screen. I have left the computer for an hour but still that blank did not seems to go away. Finally I need to use Task Manager in order to end the task on the computer of mine. Can anyone let me know how to trouble shoot this particular problem? Any suggestion to fix this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Rift: Blank Screen at the time of Startup

Well looking at the situation you have provided I am unable to find out the root cause of the problem. I think I would like to view log file of the System crashes which is occurring on the computer of yours. You need to browse to the Rift folder in the computer of yours. Where you have to search for rift.log file. You have to open that particular file with Notepad. Once it gets opened it you have to copy and paste the log over here. So that I can view and let you know where is the problem in the system of yours.

Can you provide me DXDIAG information regarding the computer of yours? Well to get DXDIAG information of yours system you need to use the following instruction.
    • You have to click on the Start button and simply enter DXDIAG in to the Start Run box and press enter from the keyboard.
    • Now you should simply click on the Save button in order to save all the information of the computer.
    • Let me all the information regarding DXDAIG over here so that I can let you know what troubleshooting steps should be taken to fix the problem of yours.

I am providing some basic steps which you can apply to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and simply enter msconfig on the Start Run box.
    • Now you have to click on the Start tab from the System Configuration Windows.
    • You have to click on Disable button and go for Service tab.
    • Now simply check the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox in order to remove all the Microsoft Services.
    • Now again click on the Disable button and click on the OK button in order to apply the setting which you have done.

Well looking at the matter which you have provided I am suggesting the following things to do.
    • You have to navigate to the following folder.
    Code:
    C:/Users/Insertusernamehere/AppData/Roaming/RIFT
    • Now you need to replace ‘nsertusernamehere’ with the username of yours.
    • You should delete riftpatch.cfg. and simply navigate to the Rift Directory on the computer of yours which is C:/Program Files(x86)/RIFT GAME.
    • Now run selfpatchlive.exe. you have to choose the language on the basis of your region. Now enter the login information and click on Ok button.
    • It will successfully Patch after few minutes and click on Ok button and simply click on the Play button in order to play the game.

I think this particular issue is associated with several things on the computer of yours. First of all I recommend that you should update the graphic driver of the computer and see whether issue exist or not. Another thing you can do is updating DirectX on the computer of yours. You should download and install DirectX on the computer of yours. Once installation gets completed you should restart the computer and see whether it helps you out or not.

Well there are number of solution are provided by the number of users in this particular thread. Let me know any of the solution helped you or not. If your answer is no then I think there is a serious issue with this particular game. I think you should contact the developer of the game for this particular issue. they will work on this particular situation and release the update for this game once this particular problem gets fixed by them.