Thread: FrontierVille: Varmints making it near impossible to play

FrontierVille: Varmints making it near impossible to play

I bet all the troubles people are having with logging in are related to bears, foxes, and so on. being on their farms. Look at all the posts of not being able to log in. Whenever a varmint appears on the farm I get extreme lag. It's very choppy, can barely even move the cursor (it jumps). I thought perhaps it was Chrome, but I confirmed the same lag on internet explorer and Firefox. I have noticed it for a few days now. I am posting this because I just got a bear and it was behind some trees, almost off the map. I couldn't find it. I had to waste 37 energy cutting down two trees in front of it. Couldn't see it at a standstill. Then I had the painful task of moving stuff on the farm until I could see a glimpse of the bear's butt that I could actually click on. By the way, have any of you tried to click around an ox or two?

Re: FrontierVille: Varmints making it near impossible to play

I had a gopher underneath my pond! I couldn't figure out for the life of me where it was, my crops were all red, moved them around thinking he was stuck under a peanut, moved my buildings, and not at all even thought of the pond until a last resort! Just problem then was that I had nowhere to put the darn pond as there was nowhere large sufficient for it and the gopher was in its spot so had to log out and come back in and sell it.

If you like your chicken and geese in one row at the end of your land on the bottom or the right side, when the fox shows up, 2 whacks will kill it. You can get rid of the pests easily enough, but I don't think this is the cause. I have established lower level players don't have the similar troubles. I am a higher level and when I go to friends farms they don't play up as much as mine yet it is still the same computer with the same bears, snakes, or ground hogs on the farm.

Maybe those entire level does advance have too much stuff on their homesteads? That could be a good proof to your theory that lower levels do not experience the same lag as higher level players do. Although I tried creating another character and it had a little lag as well, I am not sure if it was my computer's fault though XD. And as well while I visit my neighbors! I have quite a few to visit and it slows down to a virtual stop?! As soon as I am done visiting its running fine again?

I don't think it is our computers as my computer is new. While I help a friend harvest her country life I have no problem. Her farm is huge so if it was too much stuff it would be a problem there too. Go back to my FrontierVille farm and I have nothing but problems. It is weird. The pixels on my farm break down. Not while I do friends farms for them. Some have as much on their farms as I do, but lower levels because they don't visit friends or harvest as much. It is a shame as we have all be really enjoying this game but the frustration is getting to the point it isn't fun.

I wouldn't be able to complete this damn bear quest if we have to live by that. Why is it that they always seem to pop up while you have 2 to 3 energy left but disappear when you need them for a quest? Yes I just wish I wouldn't need to use up excess energy just to find the bear when it is time to cut all the trees that I have been growing this past two weeks. I wish there are options to disable buildings or trees on the options menu.