Thread: DoW 2: Retribution can’t play

DoW 2: Retribution can’t play

Hello friends,
    I am here with a problem that I am facing in my newly installed Dawn of war 2 PC game, this is not running after install into my windows 7 compatible HP Compaq Presario laptop, after launch the game it says that the game is not updated along with this the screen grayed with this error message, after that it directs me to close the game. What could be the cause and is there any solution for this. I am not having such kind of information regarding this problem. What should id o now? How to start the game is there anyone having any idea on this? Any input will be helpful for me.

Re: DoW 2: Retribution can’t play

Did you installed the full version or the BETA version, if you are using the BETA version then simply proceed for the full version, because some of the game developers are not allowed the users to play with every function and the features in n normal mode with the BETA version of any game. Apart from that if you are using the full version then make sure that you have installed the game with the correct disc, if there any problem into the disc then these types of problem may occur. Go through this, it might be helping you somehow. If you are having any other information regarding this game then go through this review, Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II Retribution.

The problem that you mentioned is completely direct to the gaming application; first of all I would like to recommend you to make sure that the game is properly installed, along with this check whether the same error message is arriving in the safe mode. If there is any issue with the windows version then in the windows safe mode this will be detected and then you are able to rectify this one. But if you did not found any issue there then connect the system with internet and check the version details of the game. if the game is not matches then download and install the game again from the developer side or if there is any chit file is available there download and load into your system, by this the problem might be solved.

According to the message that you mentioned in your post, I think it is occurring for the gaming version and one of the file is missing from your system. Though this is a newest game so I don’t think so there is any update file is available in the developer web site to download and install into the system. Sometimes for missing any file of the gaming console these type of problem might be occurs. So for this I recommend you to reload the game. First of all remove the existing one and also remove the gaming files those are stored into the windows temporary folder and in the registry editor. Now proceed for the fresh installation, it will recover the missing file into your system.

If you are using any trial or BETA version of this game then you need to either update the version via online to check for the crack file. As per my knowledge for some of the high definition games you must be activated on steam through the Internet, but if you not willing to buy the game then simply have to find a crack. Search in different web site for the crack file. And apply in to the game. This is the only solution for these types of problem that I ever found.

I am also facing a problem with the DoW 2 war game, this is also happening with the launching the game in my windows vista system. I did everything those are mentioned above after encountered the problem in last night. The detail store in short is I installed the game, all the different executable file, enter the CD key, create a Games for Windows, reboot pc, uninstall and reinstall still the same problem down to the launch of war vanishes. I do not understand anything, it not passing the file C: \ Program Files \ Valve \ Steam \ SteamApps \ Common \ downOfWar2 dow2.exe to launch the file it gives me an error message: "The application or DLL D: \ Valve \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ down of war 2 \ Util.dll is not a valid Windows image. Check with the help of your installation diskette". The other file opens DOW2.exe security catalog but not able to run. What should I do now? any suggestion for me to overcome from this problem.

According to me the problem that you mentioned is exactly happened with me in just few months back with a game. After that I also searched everywhere for the solution, but did get any such positive response with any replay, I tried by copy and paste the file path from one of my friends system who is also using the same game, but this also does not help me. After that I simply reload the game and the problem is solved some hoe, but still there was a problem in the graphics part, some of the gaming files those are collaborating with the graphical interface does not support by my system graphical interface. So I recommend you to go through this process, if there is any problem in your system with this same issue then this will surely help you to overcome from the problem.