Thread: DoW 2: Retribution Annoying "Game Paused" problem

DoW 2: Retribution Annoying "Game Paused" problem

Hello friends I have got some unusual problem with this DOW 2 game that I had specially brought from a friend of mine who had brought the original CD from store since the day it was released. However the game is working pretty fine without any kind of problem as such but when I had installed the game on my system, I have come to know that there is some kind annoyance in which the game suddenly stops with a message saying that the Game Paused, and the only way to resume is to bring up the menu and press "resume". Now this is OK as there is a menu button shown, but the problem really occurs during the mission when there is no menu button shown and I have to restart the game again, so can some one help me to know what the problem with the game is having.

Re: DoW 2: Retribution Annoying "Game Paused" problem

Well since you have got the same CD through which your friend had installed the game and that he gets to play the game without any kind of problem as such then what I think is that you might not have got the game installed on your system perfectly and that is why you are facing this problem of the game pausing in between. So the first thing that you will have to look for is to reinstall the same game and then see if you are able to get the game to run smoothly without any pause in-between.

Hey I have also got the same game with me and while I was playing the game I found that if the game gets paused or gets stopped suddenly then by pressing the F10we can again make the game to resume. This is a special control that has been made available in the game where in we can directly pause or resume the game in a single click. So what I think is that if any where down the line while playing the game if the game stops then you can make use of the F10 button to again resume it provided if there are no menu buttons on the top.

Hey I have also seen that there is a suspicious problem with the game as the game just gets paused in the middle of the games play and then if the menu buttons are not shown up then we have to again look to restart the game from the very beginning, this has certainly caused allot of my time and the hard work that I have done to reach to the level to go in vain. What I think is that the company should remove the pause effect from the game completely so that we don’t face any kind of problem while playing the game.

What I think that since the game has just got on the rampage and that there was no test or the beta edition of the game out before so what I suppose is that there could be a trouble in the progress of the game. Since there are many users who are facing some or the other dilemma with the game, so I feel that there could be some unknown glitches in the game owing to which we are facing some or the difficulty in the game. I would advise the people to wait for some time and report to the company about the setback so that they can come up with the game that does not have any kind of error as such.

Hey I am also having some kind of weird problems with the Dawn of War 2 game as I have found that when in the middle of the game if we want to chat to a friend and moves forward with opening the steam UI to send the instant message, the game gets paused during that instant. But since I don’t know until that time that the game is paused I thought that the game got froze and I was unable to get anything to work but to restart the system. So I would want to know that is this a bug in the entire game or is it that only I am facing the problem.

Hey buddy this is exactly what has been desired for in this game, the developers have made it mandatory that while you move to the chat box to chat with your friends the game just pauses and that it gives you a touch that the game has got freeze but it is actually not. I have already send the report to the Relic Entertainment agencies asking them to remove all these kind of glitches and they have responded me by saying that the work operation for getting rid of the faults is on and will be accomplished in a few days, so till then keep your fingers crossed.