Thread: DoW 2: Retribution Headset problem

DoW 2: Retribution Headset problem

Hello friends,
    I am a game lover, for this I recently specified my system with windows 7 OS. along with other system specifications are like Intel dual core processor, in my HP pavilion series. I installed Dawn Of War 2 in my system, this is fine regarding the graphics and other specifications, but there is a problem in my LogitecG35 Headset, I am getting some of the crackling sound, what should id o now? is this problem for the headset or for any other cause. Suggest me something to resolve this issue, without the sound ia m not enjoying the game properly.

Re: DoW 2: Retribution Headset problem

Hey friend don’t worry about the problem in your headset, might the head set is not properly connected in your system, make sure about this, I was also facing relevant issue while I was playing a high definition game, after the problem encountered in my system I also simply checked for the solution in different web sites, but did not found any such solution on this, after this I tried with a simply trick reboot the system and replug the headset, you also try with this, some of the cases like these types, can be resolved by restart the system.

Ping to the device manager and check whether the port of the head set connector is working properly, if there is any post listed with yellow or red mark then simply reload the hardware of that port, choose the update option by simply right click on the device name. the problem might be in the connection port in your system, so if this happens then by this process the problem will surely be resolved.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, for the confirmation did you checked by plug any other sound output device in your system? I suggest you to check whether the problem is occurring for the headset or any other problem in your system by connect other headset or sound box. If you found any problem in the head set then simply contact with the retailer or replace it with the other one.

Did you check is the sound is coming in the sound box or not? Before that check properly the USB connector in your machine, along with this connect the USB and proceed to the device manager and from there check the status of the USB device, after made the connection. if there is any problem in the head set then it will be shown you with the not responding mode. I recommend you to update USB mass storage device driver in your system, for that from the device manager windows open the USB mass storage tab and click on the update by right click on it, terminate the process and wait till it notify you about the completion of the update process. Though you are getting the sound but not in the perfect mode, then I think this can be happening for the head set connectivity.

I would like to recommend you to reload the sound driver in your system, for that open device manager and then proceed to the sound tab, open this and choose the update option, select windows recommended advanced option, it will direct you to locate the installation program from the desire place, browse and select the program, now wait till the process completes. Now plug the head set and check, I hope this time the sound will be properly delivered to you. Along with this also like to recommend you to check the sound preference setting in the gaming console.

Few months back I was also facing relevant type of problem in my system, after applying some of the tricks I was able to resolve this, so I am recommending some of the basic suggestions, go through this, if the problem not a major one then by this it will be solved. First of check the connection port in your system by which you connect the head set, along with this, make sure that there is no issue with the sound output in your system, for that connect the system with any external sound box and then play the game. If you found any problem in the sound environment in your system then simply try by reload the sound driver, if this works then ok other replace this with another one. And at last if still the problem is arriving and if the other setting and the devices are working fine then simply reload the game. This is the final solution, for these type of problems.

If you look at the headphone jack, called "plug" and put it pointing to the left, the end is the connection of the left channel, the little ring in the middle is the right channel and the metal part is closest to the grip is negative for both channels. This is the standard connection for a stereo plug. Meanwhile, these connections are reversed in the female connector, called "jack" in the form of elastic connections that run through the plug and make contact with it. Possibly because of the use could have been two things: 1) That these films that make contact with the plug have been weakened, and made intermittent contact with the plug or 2) That because of the movement in the pocket, the jack has been de-soldering or poor welding. By turning the plug connection or play with it or move the jack and plays correctly on the main circuit board.