Thread: Duke Nukem II not running on windows 7

Duke Nukem II not running on windows 7

Hello friends I have been using the computer system since the recent years where there was DOS running on the computer system and where the fundamental were being developed to initiate the Windows and the more recent environment of the operating system on the computer system. When I was using the previous DOS I was very inclined to play the Duke Nukem II game on my previous system. But since then I have changed my system and have got the latest version of all the parts including the operating system that is Windows 7. But now I would like to play the old Duke Nukem II on my Windows 7 based system , but the problem is that since the game is develop on DOS based system so it is not running on the Windows operating system. So is there a way through which I can run the game on the latest operating system, eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: Duke Nukem II not running on windows 7

Hey I think that the game is only available as a DOS based application and that it will only run on the same until the company tries to release the Windows version of the game as well. What I think that we should all request the company to release this latest version of the Duke Nukem II game on windows based platform so that we can also enjoy the game over here. I am also having a great affection for the game as I was playing the game since I was having the DOS based system with me but now that I am not using any of those so unfortunately I had to give it up on the same.

Hey dear why don’t you make us of the DOSBox that can help you to run the game on the Windows based operating system. The Dosbox is a free x86 - emulator , the operating system, DOS , and the era in which common hardware replicates. Goal is to run older, DOS-based software with advanced computer systems, only limited or no compatibility is. With this kind of a emulator you can make any of the DOS based application to run on the Windows operating system and so I would request you to use the same to play the game on the system.

Before you make use of the DosBox emulator you should clear certain things out, that is the DOSBox requires a high computing power to emulated system in the original speed to reproduce it. Depending on the software used with processors are clock frequencies in the gigahertz range needed for the initial 80 486 - or Pentium liquid run programs written to be family. DOSBox emulates not only the hardware environment of an IBM-PC , but also the main processor and as a rule, the operating system. So first take all these things into consideration and then make sure that you precisely carry out the emulation of the game of yours.

Hey dude the Dosbox emulator that you might be using for the running the game might not be get the right kind of environment for the same, you might find it very complex to make use of it and that is why I would suggest you to make use of the Dfend application which acts as a is a graphical environment for DOSBox. This Dfend application has been specially developed for the Dosbox emulator to give a cool and decent interface look for the same. With making use of both of the in collaboration you will surely be able to get the Duke Nukem II game to run on any of the latest operating system of your choice.

Guys I am also looking to get this Duke Nukem II run on my Windows 7 operating system, but the problem is that I am not getting the game to run on it even after using the Dosbox and the Dfend. The problem is that using the both of the application the game gets emulated and I can see the setup file and even install the game , but the problem starts when I open the Dfend and select the game to run from there as I would want to have a good environment, I get a error with a blue screen prompt and I just cannot skip that to move forward to play the game, so is there any other way so as to play the Duke II game.

Make sure that you have correctly installed the Dfend application as it could be the problem of it, also to be secure you must reinstall the same as I think that the problem will surely from the dfend as it is not allowing to play the game. If you want to test the same then I would request you that if you have some more DOS games then make use of that through the Dfend, if the game doesn’t works from over there as well then there is a certain problem in the software and if the other games work through it then the game is at fault and you might have to get a new fresh copy of the game.