Thread: Fishes getting sick in FishVille

Fishes getting sick in FishVille

There is nothing wrong with this feature as long you make sure your fish are fed they do not get sick if you put say the 18 hr fish in the tanks and fed them left them over night and fed them next morning the 18 hrs would reset anyway so why as people got a problem with the sick fish feature there is nothing wrong with it. The problem lies with using the shorter time fish that is 6 hours and under, which are critical for the process of power-leveling.

Re: Fishes getting sick in FishVille

For example, the Blue Hippo Tang (18 hours) yields 13.36 xp/hour to reach the adult stage, while the Bluedot Jawfish (3 hours) yields 18.42 xp/hour. Mutliply that 5.06 xp/hour difference by 40 fish over, say, 6 tanks, and that's a difference of 1214.4 xp/hour a player loses by not being able to ensure continued growth at the end of the first cycle. And if you put a Longnose Hawkfish (6 hours) in a tank and can't get back to it for 10 hours, you only get 11 xp/hour instead of 18.33 xp/hour. Again, multiply that by 40 fish over 6 tanks, and then you get the idea.

If Zynga stopped growth even at 1.5 cycles, many more fish would be available to the power-leveler And hence people are trying to earn their next bazillion xp to reach level 80. Well i agree with you on this point. After looking at all the beta test complaints versus the actual official explanation of function, I say kudos to the developers for making vast improvements to the concept before putting it into effect. Hopefully it makes everyone's game play more enjoyable.

The initial test was started without warning, I had 2 day growth fish which would grow for 4 days under Fishville's earlier rules. I went to my tank in 2 days and all 5 tanks were full of sick fish needing medicine. I haven't played since and will never again. Even under new system a 2 day fish will stop growth after 2 days and you will have 23 and a half hours which makes a total of 3 days to feed it then it gets sick requiring medicine, before you could let it go 4 days before it needed fed.

Why on earth was this feature needed in the first place? Other than the obvious to earn money for Zynga, there was no outcry I ever saw of players saying we want our fish to get sick. There was an overwhelming rejection of this downgrade feature in all the feedback and discussion, yet Fishville plowed ahead with it anyway. If that is their attitude towards their customers they can do without my support. There is something wrong with this feature, I had 3 sick fish in a full tank that was purchased all at the same time and all the same fish. Now, tell me there isn't anything wrong with this feature!

I agree, there is nothing wrong with the sick fish feature. If you can't get back in time to feed your fish, you should not raise them to begin with. If you can only feed your fish once a day, then be smart and choose the grouper or the scooters. And if you are a collector, then life cycles change after level 4 anyways so i only have to feed them once a day. Excellent post. I really hate the shorter life span. I would leave my level 3 fish to grow overnight knowing they would be at level 4 in the morning and I could sell them. Now as soon as they get hungry, they stop growing. what is zynga upto?

Kamikaze hit the nail right on the head. Fishville just ruined power leveling, which is the main draw of this game for a lot of people, myself included. Not only did they ruin that aspect of the game, it's obvious it was done in an attempt to create more revenue from the people who aren't use to logging in every day to feed their collector fish. What is someone who had invested $20+ dollars in their virtual fish going to do when they come back to find all of their tanks are sick? Most likely spend the money to heal them... zynga knows that. The get sick instead of dying aspect of the update isn't the part people are upset about, it's the modified way the fish grow now (ie stop after one cycle). The whole pay $8 dollars per tank to heal the fish just adds insult to injury in this case. The whole update just reeks of greed and shadyness, and that is the main reason why people are up in arms over this update. Why else would they just make every coin-only fish under 8 hours obsolete with this update?