Thread: Downloaded Angry Birds on Pc and getting Error: Texture is too large

Downloaded Angry Birds on Pc and getting Error: Texture is too large

I got this particular error while I was trying to download the angry birds game on my pc. Well I was installing the particular game from the Intel AppUp store. Unfortunately I got an error message which says that Texture is too large: 2048 x 2048, maximum supported size: 1024 x 1024. I did have a look at all the hardware configuration of my system and it appears to be good if you want i will specify the specification of my system. my specification is MSI x320 laptop, Intel Atom Z530 1.6Ghz, RAM 2Gb, Intel GMA 500 integrated graphics. I also tried upgrading the graphic card of my system but the situation was nothing better with this procedure as well.

Re: Downloaded Angry Birds on Pc and getting Error: Texture is too large

Looking at the problem it points out towards the graphic card. It is very important to update the latest driver for the graphic card. This will definitely help. You have not specified the operating system that you have in your system. if you have a windows 7 operating system then I would advice you to run the compatibility mode of the windows xp service pack 3. That will surely help you and will definitely reduce the problem. Well I think that must definitely you. Do try with the suggestions that I have given above and I hope that will definitely help you solve the problem that you are facing now.

I think you must completely try removing the video driver and try to install it again. I know it is a very difficult task but still you will have to try it. I know that you have upgraded your graphic card driver but still I would recommend you to do the same may be that will help. One more advice that I would like to give you here is that try running the angry bird game from the AppUp store itself and not by clicking the icon. See if it is running that way. There are many methods that you can try so that the game starts in a working mode. Do let me know what solution have you got.

I did try with all the suggestions that you have give here. Let me inform you that I had actually tried this particular solutions earlier and I was unable to get any solutions for it. I thought your solutions will be quite different. Anyways the same sort of solutions I am getting to hear everywhere, if any of you have another alternate solution that will help me with this problem then do let me know about it. I am really concerned about this because this is my favorite game, it is getting installed in all my friends pc and it is not getting installed in my system. so any more inputs that you would like to give me.

Having looked at your specification properly I thought of doing some research in the internet nd finding out whether this configuration would be idle for the angry birds game to run properly in it. so after having looked at many websites I saw that the intel GMA500 chipset that you have in your system doesn't support OpenGL 2.0. if you are wondering what it is then the OpenGL 2.0 is a application that is very necessary to run any particular game or specifically the angry birds game in your system. so do try changing the graphic card that you have and switch to some other card. I think this is the perfect solution for you do try it and let me know whether it works or not.

Hey that’s a nice solution. Well I would like to say thanks to you. That indeed was the problem in my system. I did have a quick chat about this problem with my friend and he also supported your decision for which I brought a new graphic card and readily installed it and its drivers in the system. now the game is getting installed in my system and I am right now very happy with it. all I need is to say thanks to you. You have really helped me out with this particular problem. Thanks a lot.