Thread: Why I m forced to buy meals with money in FrontierVille

Why I m forced to buy meals with money in FrontierVille

I have 7,000 energy. I will not at all use it all, so I am forced to buy meals with money. Why do I have so much energy you ask? Because early on in the now defunct horseshoe pit, I won several times, earning a lot of energy. I put real money into playing the pit, and won't do that again! So what little I have left over from winning I am being forced to buy meals. 30 HS's for a dinner? Are you out of your mind? What’s up with that? I think it’s just another way to get us to spend money to finish some stupid quest and unfair, even if I could or wanted to utilize all that energy, it would take eons. I earn some as I go along; I at a standstill have 200 mules and 70 horses.

Re: Why I m forced to buy meals with money in FrontierVille

I won the Jackpot 9 times before the Pit was nerfed. And I used 300$ as seeding money to beat the system. Before the Pit came out I spent an average of 200$ a month to purchase the items I liked (mystery animals mainly). I am at a standstill sitting on a boatload of Horseshoes even now, sufficient to last me another 7 months. On top of that I won 78 beef jerkies, 30large mystery crates and countless animals and trees. You are in the similar boat, spend your energy, and be glad you used the Pit to your advantage when it was at a standstill possible to do so.

If you are over your Max energy (while the numbers are yellow instead of white), the options to buy any meal in the Market are grayed out. If you start playing with a full bar and visit some neighbors, you'll see that this takes you over the normal cap you would have. The Horseshoes Libby win mentions are the ones in the mission itself, to purchase your way out of doing a part of that mission (buying meals in this case).

You are in the minority here and need to fix it yourself or forget about it. No one here is going to feel sorry for you and say "Ah, that's horrible". As for the 200 mules and 70 horses, I would hate to be your neighbor, I wouldn't visit. I find HS like yours are almost as bad as trying to load a chicken farm. It lags and by the time I get the Jack pop up telling me I just got another 1 energy and cloth, I have already finished my 6 helps and am waiting to get out of there.7000 energy, so use it. You can purchase and whack buildings all day long for collectibles and don't even try telling me, "I already have all the collectibles maxed out" because there are no way you have 99 hay hooks or other rare items. And even if you did, then try sending some to your neighbors who are asking for them. No, the game is what it is. Zynga had to discover a way to get the energy hoarders to spend down and honestly, I think their fix was a good one. Regardless of how you amassed that much energy isn't the point. What are you going to do to fix it so you can complete the missions at hand?

Nice, this is a really excellent idea. I was trying to imagine what I would do to burn the energy if I were in the same situation and all I could think of was clover, which didn't seem very fun. Building whacking sounds super awesome. And fast, and would take very little space to do. That's why I just don't see how you can have that much energy and not be able to play the game. I would love to have 7000 energy to burn on trying to get some more collectibles for some of those collections.

Stop visiting friends for a couple of days and just plant out some animals and harvest them I mean we have an expansion that requires 90 cows to be sold and 300 wheat to be harvested. Growing 90 cows and all can run through 7000 energy please. It’s not that hard to kill out that much energy if you don't go to someplace that earns you more for a day or so. But the key is to not visit for a day or two. Roll out some crops, grow some animals, and whack some buildings to get collectibles. But don't visit people for a week.

I don't think I would find it that hard to burn off 7000 energy. I have had over a 200 a few times, and I think around 400 once, but the labor day/clover mission cured that in below a day. You can horde the energy, and then have problems like when you have to buy a meal, but why horde it? What's the point, no one needs 7000 energy. Get it down to something manageable, and you can always rebuild it easily to overflow if you don't like having to stop and refill a smaller bar. Or use HS to purchase jerky and such to get a bigger bar, rather than being forced to skip goals on missions because you can't let go.

My trouble is more that you have to buy a meal from the market rather than being able to eat one from inventory. I have nearly 10,000 foods, so really it's a minor irk, but at a standstill an irritation. Because I also have a few hundred meals, getting more each, many neighbors sending lunches, and a few sending dinners and a couple that continuously ask for snacks. I just feel like I should be able to use any meal, regardless of where it came from. But, it doesn't really bother me that much. It's nice to have a small stockpile of meals and know I have a ton of food basically I have limitless energy. I don't need 7000 on my bar, because I can play as long as I want because I have all the food and meals I could ever want.