Thread: Zynga giving farm cash animals for free in FarmVille

Zynga giving farm cash animals for free in FarmVille

How is this any different to Zynga giving away farm cash animals for free? Obviously I am referring to the Pink Patch Cow, but recently we have also had the Longhorn Cow given away for free after people paid farmcash for it previously. Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to see what the difference is here, because Zynga originally noted that it would be "highly unfair" and yet now, it seems perfectly acceptable for them to give farmcash animals away for free. I am a breeder and I currently have every animal Zynga have ever released even if that has meant that I have had to pop every single balloon in the mystery game on a few occasions to get it. Maybe if the Unicorn so many people spent a fortune trying to win was released as a free redeemable prize then more people would be just as angry and confused as I am.

Re: Zynga giving farm cash animals for free in FarmVille

The only difference that I can see is that letting the occasional former FC item be free or free-with-work is that it hasn't happened much. If we could grow up the babies it would be a constant thing and with a lot more animals. The Pink Patch cow has been around for a year. They could have charged FC for it, but then everyone here would be complaining that nothing is free. I think the Snow Stallion was a bigger slap in the face over a few now-free cows. How many people spent a lot of money trying to get a stallion out of a Mystery Box/Game?

I am a regular buyer of Farm Cash and the PP cow was one of my first purchases with bought cash rather than built up cash. I also take the point about the snow stallion, but at least that will not produce the stallion specific foals. (Yes I have all the stallions, and I have multiples of them, not by choice but due to the various boxes/games!). It makes me seriously consider whether I will buy any more farm cash, I could quite happily wait a year or so to get the animals for free or via tasks. If an animal is for farm cash they should stay that way IMO. Please Zynga put some thought into it as I am fed up of all the re-colored animals.

Yes the PPC has been around for a year but it shouldn't make any difference. "Limited Edition" clearly does not mean that in Zynga's terms. Would it be ok for them to re-release the Unicorn in a few weeks time for free - after all, farmcash buyers had the "exclusivity" of it for a while so who would care? Personally, I didn't mind my neighbors getting a snow stallion, it is a totally different animal and yes I own the white stallion, the black stallion and the 2 mini stallions. They all do the same "job" obviously but you can only produce the foal from the adult so that was slightly different IMO.

All of the cows do the same thing. What is the point in ever buying more than one kind of cow then if they all do the same thing? Because they are different and special. I popped balloons and played games for every one of the stallions they have released, not because they were stallions, but because they were different kinds of horses. I know a lot of people that did the same. I do not think the free stallion was a good idea either but in my opinion the fact it was a different kind of horse is less offensive than them giving away the exact same FC cow for free.

Everyone keeps saying these returning FC items are "free". Thats not how Zynga is viewing it. Zynga charges 1 FC for one collection item. That means that snow stallion had a value of 500 FC. The pink patch cow is 150 FC value. You have to spend the time to work and collect. Its not like going into the market and press buy. Not everyone has a ton of neighbors and they don't have the ability to collect. Just going through my neighbors list I found 12 people with less than 10 neighbors. Sure to someone with 300 neighbors collecting might be a snap but not everyone does. There are people who if they really want an item might be forced to pay FC to have enough and depending on how much they need to finish it could be way more then what the item was originally offered for. In Chinese FV they have a collection going on there too. Every item in the collection is also in the market for the same price it would cost to purchase all the collection items with FC. When I saw an item in the market for 168 FC I thought has Zynga lost their minds. Then I saw the same item in the collection and it took 168 to get it. I guess Zynga should do that here too and put the pink patch cow for 150 FC. In the case for the hot pink pig. Each item has a buy it now for FC option. You can spend the time and effort getting it or buy it with FC for pretty much the same as the last time it was offered in the market. Its the same principle for the 2 FC sponsored ads at the bottom. You have to visit the sponsor, answer a few questions then you get your cash but you still worked to earn it. It wasn't free.