View Poll Results: Would you be interested in mastering crops and/or animals in FrontierVille?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • Maybe

1 33.33%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • I would rather master animals or trees, not crops.

0 0%

Thread: Crop and Animal Mastery in FrontierVille

Crop and Animal Mastery in FrontierVille

Are you a Frontier Master? Would you be interested in getting an achievement for mastering crops and animals? These achievements could result in a trophy, extra rewards, a badge and more! Mastering could lead to unlocking new things! Here is a great opportunity to give some feedback on crop and/or animal masteries, because Zinga just newly proclaim this. So please provide or state your opinion here by simply posting your or giving your votes.

Re: Crop and Animal Mastery in FrontierVille

I voted for the last choice, trees or animals, with more emphasis on the animals as I would really not see the similar masteries as we do in Farmville. I think the animals (animal husbandry) would make more sense on the frontier. Perhaps by unlocking the animal masteries we can win unique or special animals? I would as well request balancing this area by placing a cap on how many animals can be harvested with a single action. Can crafting be introduced in some way? I am thinking of resources like the wood and food harvested from the crops. Some crafting options: decorations, goods to sell to other players, and manufacturing cloth (as was mentioned a few days ago).

Can't vote, my choice is not in there. But I can give my 2 cents. I think the main problem lies in the phrasing, Masteries = Farmville; Missions = FrontierVille. The Farmers have masteries, while we have badges. Many people who made it past master farmer III and the peanuts mission have stated plenty of times that they wouldn't mind another challenging mission like those. But it has to be a mission, not some kind of boring repetition of tasks that don't lead anywhere. We have a storyline that keeps developing, and most missions that are true to that get great feedback around here (Hank, Bess/Fanny?). Stick to it; because it is your USP (unique selling proposition). It makes FrontierVille stand out from the various clones around there.

I don't play any other Facebook games but I agree that the wording and the way it works has to be different than the other games. The main idea can be the similar but not the way you get it. I as well agree that it should maybe be a series of Badges for Feeding Animals (there is already one for selling); Harvesting Crops and Harvesting Trees. They don't have to be separate for each animal, crop or tree, just lump all of the like items together in the count. There might be some limitations like you don't count feeding Chickens or harvesting Clover and Tomatoes or something but other than that, I really like the idea.

I don't want pointless masteries; we have the Jackalope Lodge for that. I don't like to work with no objective in sight, and I don't like rewards that don't last (a cherry tree, a lunch and 80 XP is not a nice reward for mastering crops!). Now, if mastering something actually unlocked some other items in the market, that would not be available otherwise, that's another story! Mastering animals could unlock more "efficient" varieties, from regular pigs to black pigs to whichever other pig graphics the Devs would feel comfortable reusing from Farmville Higher level animals would sell for more coins and more food, and could be mastered to get even better animals. Mastering crops would allow us to plant more efficient and hardier varieties, producing more food/coins/exp.

I agree completely with every point you made; very nicely stated. And to reiterate there is the Master Farmer Missions which requires you to plant or harvest specific crops to Master them, after that there is the Peanut Mission where you essentially "master" them. If they do implement some type of Mastery for crops, I hope it’s for new crops that will be introduced into the Market and that it ties in with a new Badge in the Lodge. And please don't give us a Mastery Sign! If I wanted Mastery Signs, I would do so in Farmville.

Actually, it would be very simple to structure a mission around 'masteries' that would unlock items in the market. I previously had that done with cabbage. Apart from with masteries, instead of begging for red cabbage seeds you would actually grow a ton of plain green cabbage, sold that at the adjacent large town, and got yourself access to better (more expensive) seeds. The potato blight storyline could be simply extended so that I would have to grow potatoes for so long as to achieve a new and better variety to send our relatives.

In my opinion, if they want to introduce "Masteries" for crops, they should add new crops to the Market for this purpose. Not base them on existing crops available in the Market. So many of us have already "Mastered" Peanuts, and so forth. Do you really want to plant 1600 more? As much as I loved that Mission, I really don't want to repeat it. I would prefer to have to Master new crops to keep it from being respective, which would afterward open up even more new crops, and so on. And have them Mission/Badge based.