Thread: Ground hog trap a bit slow in FrontierVille

Ground hog trap a bit slow in FrontierVille

Is it just me or same for everyone else? The trap is set, the HOG pops up and it takes about 10 minutes for the area to go red and for the sound of the ground hog crapping it’s self to happen. It would seem that I could clobber the thing in less time. Anyone here has any idea or any hint for this. If anyone fined any information or any other useful information about this than, please provide me.

Re: Ground hog trap a bit slow in FrontierVille

Here i just want to add something which may be useful for you. Use it to your advantage!
    1. If the trap isn't armed, you can quickly arm it as soon as the groundhog appears. If no groundhog appears you can afterward move it!
    2. If you have one or two crops left after you caught a groundhog, you quickly have time to harvest them without running the risk of another groundhog showing.

I wish you like this and just tell me what's your next step.

I have had a groundhog hanging out next to the trap for two days now! Is there a trick to this? Does anybody know when this will be over? The banner says it's a limited time but there is a badge to go with it. If I have time to finish it I would love to but I don't want to spend the small amount of free time I have annoying to complete it if there is no hope for me. I do have 3 super traps and I am building a 4th but it's taking some time to get the parts for it but hopefully that will help!

With Zynga and their approach to "limited time" and "while supplies last", if I know I wish they were more specific, because we are heading for another crying wave. People are going to be disappointed and unhappy while they are suddenly told that the offer expires in two days and they won't have a chance to get the badge / catch more Phil’s/Fred’s. One would have thought Zynga's marketing department should have learnt something from the recent troubles. But apparently, they are quite impervious and won't learn from experience.

The traps don't hinder me when harvesting, nor do the increased number of hogs. I have 6 upgraded traps and they overlap and cover my entire crop area right now. So no matter where a hog pops up, I know it's caught. I start tending as usual and I can hear them pop up. This is when I can move to another area to harvest while the trap nearby the first hog catches it. One time it's done and things have cleared I can reset it and keep harvesting. If I don't want any hogs to pop up, then I plant clover in another area and harvest. Hogs pop up and I leave them so I can harvest my main crops with little to no interference. I just wish they'd drop more collectibles. I've trapped more than 160 and have seen maybe 6 items drop.

Same for me 7 traps 6 upgrades so they cover my whole area. When a GH pops up I move to another area around another trap. I re-arm the trap and keep going. I don't seem to get more than two hogs at a time so I actual stop harvesting until the two are trapped and I can re-arm. I have up my level 5 times because of all the harvesting I have been doing. From 73 to 77 in the past couple days. I wonder if the traps will still work after this event.

What mascots are referring to is that when you get that pop-up, it probably means you hit a Phil or Fred. Those can be kept or gifted away. Sometimes (use during the third part of the mission) the pop-up for you to gift it won't come up, and in its place the hog goes straight into your inventory and you get a "don't hog the mail" pop-up instead. If you check your inventory, you probably have some hogs in there that you didn't know you had. That glitch seems to go away after the third mission.