View Poll Results: Is it time for the Mystery Game to change?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Don't care/other

2 50.00%

Thread: Is it time for the Mystery Game to change in Farmville

Is it time for the Mystery Game to change in Farmville

I feel today's mystery game is the straw that ruined the camel’s back for many public, from what I have been interpretation and between my Farmville buddies. Week after week I observe the misery that people experience because they actually wish an item in the game, but don't, or that they can't suppose the wealth they have exhausted on annoying to get it and ending up with half a dozen duplicates. Briefly they brought in buying the items straight out for cash - albeit at a heavy price, I think when I did it the cheapest item was over 40 FC But I as well remember it being wildly different prices for everyone. Yet they took it away quite quickly - I wonder why? The odds are shocking: just a 1 in 30 chance to win the top prize. You might luck out and get it on the first shot, but you might crap out like I did and get it on the last shot. The number of duplicates is just ridiculous. I ended up with 4 komodo dragons and 8 koalas’ FGS! And to add insult to injury I can't resell them nor can I re-gift them. Either the number of prizes should increase, perhaps up it to 13, or lower the number of balloons.

re: Is it time for the Mystery Game to change in Farmville

I have the similar opinion with everything you said. And since I love to collect Farmville animals, it was difficult to see so many awesome critters in the Misery Game this week, but until the odds drastically improve, not anything (other than a free dart) will ever make me play the Farmville Misery Game again. In my opinion, it's a horrible value and a poor investment. Even more so now that Zynga is routinely giving away items that were previously sold for FC. And sadly, until more Farmville players realize that and stop throwing those high priced darts, Zynga has no reason to change it.

I like that horse so much and I know I can expect its foal in my message box one of these days because I have a very dear friend who will attempt for the horse and give me the foal. She did with the previous horses too. But even though I really want that horse, I am afraid to even try. I did not get the Pink Stallion; I was out of FC after 13 darts or so. Last week, I went for broke trying to get the Mongolian Horse and threw 25 darts before I finally got what I wanted. My gift box still has all the unwanted stuff in it. I am coming to a point where I have reached my limit. I am frightened to calculate how much money I spent on Farmville, but it is a lot. This game needs to change. And we should be able to exchange or resell or gift the unwanted items. I have a neighbor who wanted the cow but he did not care for the stallion. If only we could trade!

I utilize free darts, skip a few games after that load them up and fire on ones like this week. Hasn't changed my spending or throwing habits just being a little smarter in how I go about it. This week I reasoned I would have purchased 3 cows and 2 horses from the market for 78 FC in total therefore in need will throw 4 darts at the 23 FC, perhaps a 4th seeing as how I got 3 FC from the Blurt promotion. I would have also purchased 1-2 pigs/foxes and 3-4 cats in the market as I generally purchase the animals outright. So for me the animal games are my Achilles. Got thru it with only throwing 3 FC darts. But it is a time for a change methinks.

I have seriously been put off, 30 FC for a stretched cat? No thanks Zynga. The sad thing is, Zynga have begun to think that they can do anything and everybody will like it. More and more things Zynga are doing is ruining this game, introducing loads of trees that have no purpose on a Farm and are pathetic ideas. Seeds are now beginning to cost farm cash, and trees have been for a few months now. It was so much better when Farmville was relaxing, and you could go on, open a few Mystery Box's (you know you won't get much repeats!), and basically buy everything from animals, deco and trees for coins. Now, the Mystery Game is leaving people bankrupt, trees are being created, and each of them are terrible designs and ideas (Giant and Make believe trees) and practically everything is increasing in price (take the Ornament Trees from the Holidays, 2,500 coins in 2009 and 30 FC in 2010. What next, 60 FC in 2011?)! Zynga need to change while they at a standstill can. They will pay the price while everybody quits because of the silly changes that have been made. I am on the edge of quitting, because the people who make it are extremely greedy and think they can do what they want.

I am not protesting or boycotting, I am simply not going to play stupid any longer. I threw my last 'dart for a horse' in this silly game and am now a "breeder of old horses". Sad thing is that I have made some wonderful friends, sharing the foals that I was able to make and I will miss being able to share all of the "new" foals with those that can't afford to get the actual horses. Now I belong to their club, lol Thank you Zynga for taking the sharing community spirit out of the game.

Re: Is it time for the Mystery Game to change in Farmville

Since I am out of free darts, this is the first horse I won't be adding to my collection. I am pretty tired of everything being for cash. It’s not that I can't buy cash, but as much as things are costing, it's way beyond time to move from beta to a real game. My free darts while not exactly free have been hoarded carefully for the past month. I said I wasn't buying anymore farm cash and I haven't. So yeah, my darts haven't added anymore to Zynga’s pocket since my NY resolution of not buying anymore.

Re: Is it time for the Mystery Game to change in Farmville

I think what is so upsetting about this game is the money just wasted on it. Yeah, throw a few times and be in with a good chance of winning what you want, but to clear a 30 FC board to get the one thing you want e.g., a horse, is 600 FC, that is something absurd like $70 to $80, for a freaking horse? When one in the market normally costs about $4 to $5? Are we all insane? I was going to purchase FC today to get some items, and use my "free" dart(s) to try my luck, but you know what, I'm not going to bother doing that today. I have got so many lovely things on my farm and in storage that I can utilize, and I certainly don't need every horse/cow/pig/sheep/other item in the game.