Thread: More limits and restrictions in FarmVille

More limits and restrictions in FarmVille

Whats with a 10 limit of collecting valentine items posted to feed? First you limit us 125 and the throttling thing puts restrictions on when we collect and how many at a time and how fast we can collect our 125 then a further limit on other certain items posted to feed. Its beginning to be nothing but frustration after frustration when trying to have fun on a game. I never thought it possible that adults could create something meant for fun and turn it into something that is far from fun. Its bad enough not being able to collect items because of cheaters but seriously.

Re: More limits and restrictions in FarmVille

Well seriously Zynga what are you really trying to accomplish? Are you creating games with the sole intent on seeing how mad and frustrated you can make people? Or how far you can got with peoples emotions using power over a game? Youd be great psychologists using games for studying people and making a profit while doing it! rofl! Although Id like to analyze the Zynga powers to be to see what goes through your head when you come up with this stuff. Is it too much to ask to let us have fun! These limits and restrictions serve no purpose but to irritate.

Annoying to the extreme and not just the game unfortunately. It's to stop the cheaters you complained about in your other thread... this is the consequence of those who cannot just accept they were beaten by someone else who clicked faster have brought upon everyone. The fun that was collecting from the feed and sometimes actually winning the race to the item was removed because those who didn't win and then complained to the extreme. Such is the way things work if it ain't broke leave it alone.

What 10 limit on valentine items are you talking about? The countdown items? If so, it was the same way during the New Year's countdown, you could only get 10 of each item. I have collected 200 items off the feed before I hit my limit, more than once now. I think that's actually a lot of stuff for one day. I have gotten the message telling me to slow down, but I've never been throttled. When I see items I want, I click on them sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. I don't automatically assume that whoever got there first is a cheater, I just figure someone clicked faster. That's okay though, there will be more later, or tomorrow.

A lot of the items that go to the feed have a limited amount that can be collected from them, it's been like that since I started playing. It's actually a big sense of accomplishment for me to get an item I've been after for a while-- if I could always get everything the first try, it would take a lot of the fun out of it. I think it's all just about your state of mind. I try to relax and enjoy the game, and be happy with what I do get, instead of frustrated and angry with what I don't get. My real life has enough stress without letting a game add to that.

Zynga could have done things differently, but no, they continue to ruin the "social" part of the game. I can only help 10 people. I even don't want more than 1 of those items, but I could continue to help people without receiving the item as I don't want it. This year I'm selling all valentine crap people send me and those 12 items are going the same way. If you read the entire notification, it thanks you for helping the person, then either tells you that the item is in your giftbox or you have reached your limit of 10 items. It doesn't mean you can't help more people, it just means you won't get more items when you do.