Thread: Pruning Neighbors to a manageable number in FarmVille

Pruning Neighbors to a manageable number in FarmVille

In the past, I've had 300 neighbors. I was down to 180 when I started my current pruning. I am down to just under 100. But I would like to get down to around 50 neighbors. I have 6 real-life friends that play, about a dozen FV friends that I won't consider deleting. That leaves 50 out of 82 people I would like to remove - neighbors who do visit, gift, posts items, etc. So has anyone else pruned their list down this much? And if so, how did you decide? I'm considering posting an apology before the fact and then deleting at random.

Re: Pruning Neighbors to a manageable number in FarmVille

I have never had 300 but at one point I did have around 160 and for me it was to much Have pruned to around 80 and a few more may be pruned. I have weeded out some for those same reasons. Plus a few who were annoying to me with comments of the lock a Giant tree for me I need one more to fill my orchard (and this would be the same day they would be released.

I figure the more neighbours I have the quicker I can get things done. I've just gone on a bit of a deleting spree though, as I know that I've got plenty who just don't play the game any more. I basically look at people's walls if I don't recognise them by name/picture. If there are lots of posts like asking for parts, mixed in with posts from them by other games, but not FV I guess they're not playing, so they go. It's a harsh way to do it, but little short of emailing every single person. I do tend to put a status up saying I'm about to delete people who don't play, and lots tend to come back to me to say that they do.

I was at 120 odd for a while, and did a lot of manicuring to get a good neighbour set, but then I came to the position your in. In the end I just let natural attrition sort the rest of them, as in they became inactive, moved on to other game was probably around 2-3 months, and now I have 50 awesome neighbours that are worth twice as much as 120 average janes. As for you position, its hard to comment and give advice as everyone is different in how they feel and handle these things, but theres really no need for apologies, just tell the truth that you want to lower your neighbour count, as it does balloon out of control very easily and become overwhelming.

I'm about to prune down my neighbor list again. After I expanded I removed all my inactive neighbors (more than 6 months without planting anything). Now I'm about to remove some of the neighbors that were added to help them get or for me to get the expansion. It's the ones that I receive requests from all day, don't help with anything, and who post nothing to the feed. That's just a one-way neighbor in my mind and it's time to move in a different direction.

I don't delete people because they don't visit, or because they don't gift. And apparently neither do my neighbors because with training and school I can only visit my neighbors maybe 2x a week. As long as my neighbors post some to the feed (not asking everyone to have 50 orchards or breed foals!), and I can put a name to the avatar from seeing it on the feed, then they stay. I have around 80 right now after the expansion, and I can say I interact with each of them at some level.