Thread: Cafe Cash for Too Many Decor Items in Cafe World

Cafe Cash for Too Many Decor Items in Cafe World

With the vast majority of the new decor items not available for coins, I too am losing interest in the game. I have lots and lots of coins and I can't satisfactorily decorate my cafe with any of the newer themes because almost everything requires cafe cash. I think it's great to reserve a few of the 'cooler' items for purchase with cafe cash, but when it's almost everything, it's just not fun. I am willing to pay cafe cash for some items, but certainly not for almost everything. When you get right down to it, if you can't participate in redecorating your cafe, all that's left is cooking and serving, cooking and serving. Great when you're starting out, pretty boring after you've been playing for months.

Re: Cafe Cash for Too Many Decor Items in Cafe World

I’m going to have to agree with this thread. I am usually pretty laid back about apps, and don’t complain. I like decorating my cafe with all the new themes, and yes, I purchase cafe cash in order to do so. However, when you start charging cafe cash for almost every item it’s too much. I’m not going to pay cafe cash for each wall paper on the biggest expansion, nor for each floor tile. I also don’t like how you have items like a stage where each piece is for sale, because I feel like I’m getting conned. Also you have the tikki chairs available for coin but have to buy the tables with cafe cash. Also feels like I'm getting conned. The first issue I took with cafe cash was when you brought out the big screen TV and I happily paid 20 cafe cash only to have it go down to 8 cc a few weeks later. Now, it’s fine if you want to put items on sale, but how are we suppose to know which ones to grab up and which ones will be staying forever? A limited item tag under the “New” would be nice.

Is everyone looking in all the sections? I think this deco has tons of coins items and I'm very happy with it opposed to the other ones released. I totally re-did my cafe and I only spent 22 Cafe Cash that was left over from the holidays (I got the tiki drink stand, 2 tables, and 2 wall pieces I could have done without but I love this theme). Anyways there are tiles, a chair (which I think is cuter than the 2 offered for CC) Yes there is only one CC table, but I found the log tables look very nice with the tiki chairs. There already is tiki torches, and now for coins tiki mast, surf boards, bamboo fence, a sea gull, the one flute monkey is a great alternative to the CC guitar monkey, then the tiki fruit statue, big surfboard, tiki planter, the tiki garbage can ALL coins. For the walls we have bamboo hut and a few others color ones (green stripe, exotic wall) that go well with the theme. OK there is the bamboo divider, the low tiki face, the hanging wall flowers look well with this theme even though it’s not a part of it.

Do you guys ever like put yourself in the place of Zynga? They make a game and the whole point of making it is to make money. When the game was new, there were less items available for cafe cash, now there is more. The gap between what is free and what is not is expanding and I'm sure that is all part of the business plan. Try to imagine that this is your game and you have overhead, employees, rent, etc. Why would a game maker be motivated to cater to a player base that pays nothing? It just doesn't make sense. I don't pay real money to play Cafe World. I'm grateful that I can even get a sleeping dog and a big screen TV without paying. To me, they have given me already more than I deserve because I don't pay.

I was just coming to post a note about this. I've stuck with this game even though it's almost impossible to place at times because everything freezes up and there are enough pop-up messages to add neighbors, add this, add that, and so on, it drives you crazy and after level 60 there is nothing to gain in playing but a few new meals. BUT to make all the new decorations only available with cash rather than coins is the last straw. I have over 5 million coins that are useless in my opinion. Why continue to play if that is the entire game maker is going to offer us as players. I know everyone has to make money, but I do pay attention to the ads and I know revenue can be made through this type of advertising. So you lost a player today, Zynga! No more Cafe World for me. It's boring and it's too time consuming to play for nothing but worthless coins!

For everybody who thinks it is ok for cafe world to charge us real money, give me a break! It's a game not a real restaurant! What is the point of this game? Take your credit card out as much as possible and spend your hard earned money on decorations that don’t really exist! Don’t worry about cafe world they don’t need to charge us to run their business! That is just crazy! Facebook does not charge us to add friends!

I think the onetime fee is a good idea. Since they claim only about 3 percent of players actually pay for virtual goods, they may make more money doing it that way. I don't understand what greed has to do with anything though. Do you think a company has a place in mind where they stop and say, 'Okay, we have made enough money now? It doesn't happen. I don't think that is greed. It’s just a business being a business. You keep going and you keep trying to increase profits.