Thread: Hybrid Seeds and Helpful Neighbors in FarmVille

Hybrid Seeds and Helpful Neighbors in FarmVille

I was working in the greenhouse this morning and combined raspberries and strawberries. Since I have so many crops to master, I am in no hurry to get the seeds so I did not ask for help to decrease the 3 day waiting time. I went to my greenhouse just now and my first tray of seeds is down to 1 day. I had 2 friends visit my farm and apparently they 'helped' my greenhouse while they were there. So is it a glitch or do visiting neighbors really decrease the waiting time? If so that is great.

Re: Hybrid Seeds and Helpful Neighbors in FarmVille

I just had a neighbor visit and harvest my greenhouse, and I checked after and it didn't help progress on any of my hybrids so looks like it's just a coincidence. yeah so 20 minutes later that neighbor showed up as a helper on my newest hybrid, and I know for sure I didn't ask her to help on that one as I'd already asked her for another seed just before (she's showing up on both). Dunno if it's intended but I'll take it.

Each friend that helps decreases the time it takes to make the seeds by one day. I had all 3 friends help on my first tray this morning, so I got the strasberry seeds right away without having to wait 3 days. I think they did it like this because each tray only gives 50 seeds, and you need 1000's of each to master the crop, for example the first level of strawberries is 1000.

Honestly right now I think no one can really figure out what's going on. Some people never receive requests. Others receive some of them. Some requests work, the majority doesn't. Sometimes neighbors visiting helps, other times it doesn't do anything. I really hope it's intended that way tho! It's a real mess. That would be awesome if harvesting a neighbor's greenhouse would actually help them on the seed you get.

Well I was now able to 'harvest' my neighbor's greenhouse (it was highlighted so I clicked!) and I got 5 seeds for the trouble. Didn't know we could do that, so who knows. I found the same. visiting neighbors and I am getting 5 of various seeds each time and can share some with my neighbor. Surely not another case of zynga not thinking things