Thread: New Facebook Home Page and Its Effects on Farmville

New Facebook Home Page and Its Effects on Farmville

The Facebook geniuses are at it again. Earlier today, they "simplified" the Home Page. In other words, they made it impossible to see older posts and took away application filters. Does anyone here know how I can get my Farmville feedback? Anyone have any idea about this? if anyone find any idea or any information about this than please let me know. I even search this on many sites but still not get the answer. So please just help me out.

Re: New Facebook Home Page and Its Effects on Farmville

My page changed but I've not been able to share Farmville feeds for a couple of days now so I have stopped planting and harvesting. If I can't share bonuses; collections; eggs etc. with my Farmville neighbors it seems pointless to continue until that part of Farmville is working for me. Bookmarks are no longer at the base of the page. They have, in their apparent wisdom that they know better than us that our bookmarks belong on a sidebar, along with bookmarks of other applications they think we might be interested in. Now that they are no longer at the bottom, you now have to click back to your home page to change applications; you can't go from one application to the other.

There is no 'live feed', only Top News (which apparently Facebook decides) and Most Recent. If you want to filter, you do have that option over to the left (below Friends) but it doesn't make it permanent. You can look, but one time you go back to your Home page it reverts back to everything (or appears to). There is somewhere that apparently all the news feeds are what Facebook 'thinks' you as a member might be interested in so if you had certain friends you not at all saw status updates for or news about and you didn't want to, you will currently see them and the ones you probably want to see, you won't get to see. Notifications are now up the top; near where the home button utilized to be (Home has been moved to the right). So if you're down the page reading stuff, you have to constantly scroll up to see if you have received any notifications.

Yes, The logout button is no longer visible but must be accessed by choosing the Account menu. The chat tab down the button sticks out like a sore thumb all on its own and is very maddening. It's supposed to be simplified but it seems to me that members are necessary to do a lot more navigating around their page just to go to where they want to be. It's truly turned me off. I have AIM and MSN and I am seriously considering that it's not going to be a great loss for me if I dump Facebook totally.

For those using Google Chrome, this is what I did:
    1. Get the Application Filter number from the link by simply searching on google. If the link gets deleted (hopefully they will make an exception in this case, because of circumstances) I can massage it to you.
    2. Hit Ctrl+B to show your Bookmark Bar.
    3. Bookmark the filtered address and name it Facebook, Farmville, or whatever you wish to call it.

I did this for all of the filters that I used and arranged them all on the Bookmark Bar. This may actually work improved than Facebook's filters in the long run; as I sometimes found that they would disappear from my lists.

Moving the bookmarks was definitely a bad move. Having to go back to the home page to use the bookmark was bad enough, but worse you can no longer right-click and open the application (like Farmville) in a new window. And moving the notifications marker to the top of the page was another lame move. If anything, the new mail indicator should have been moved to the bottom right instead. Yeah, you can't see it if the page is scrolled down. My friend say something about this: “I was logged out of Facebook over an hour ago because of site maintenance, it says it should be back within a few hours! Does it truly take so long to apply the update? Hope not because my crops were ready and I doubt withering will be disabled. "

I have made 2 groups, Farmville players and everyone else. Farmville is the only game I play, except for a little mafia wars to get the tractor. One time I made certain all of my friends were in one group or the other, I was able to see more Farmville feed while clicking on the group for Farmville I had created below the friend’s listings. I after that hid PetVille, SL or any other application I didn't want to see. Doing this pretty much created feed from only Farmville. I am not certain how this would work if I wanted to see feed from another game though.

I noticed recently that I haven't been receiving any notices from my Farmville neighbors about Mystery Eggs, Calves, Bonus Items or Fertilizing Requests. The just way I can read these is if I go to every person's Wall and read all of the notices there. My sister at a standstill gets the notices on her Facebook page but I don't. The only thing I can think of is an incident that happen a couple of weeks ago. I was in the middle of seeding when Farmville was "enhanced" and I lost over half the crops I had planted. Several of my neighbors disappeared too but most of them reappeared after a day or two. I at a standstill have a bunch of "blank" neighbors that I can't delete and aren't counting towards my total. I think that the notices stopped showing up about roughly the similar time. I have gone into the application settings for Farmville and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong or dissimilar. I compared my settings with my sister's and they are the same and, like I mentioned before, she at a standstill gets the notices but I don't. I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this.