Thread: What you need to know about Buffaloes in FrontierVille

What you need to know about Buffaloes in FrontierVille

I am starting this post as a place where all the info we've come up with about the new mission can be found. I'm doing this in part to help stem the flow of threads that all say the same thing, yet seem to need their own thread because nobody is reading the forum or other threads before posting a new thread. I know, a bit hypocritical and all, but my intentions are good. The other reason is to have a place to put all this stuff.

Re: What you need to know about Buffaloes in FrontierVille

Your buffalo can be hidden in grass, or may pop up when feeding oxen or cows. Some people have even experienced the buffalo just randomly popping up when the game is loaded, but I wouldn't bet on this happening. You will see the buffalo pop up with a little red cross above its head, and your mission will begin. Aside from asking for it, you can get milk by buying it with horseshoes or, even better, watching your feed like a hawk. I would suggest posting every time you get the chance to share milk - it will benefit you in the long run. If you help someone else heal their buffalo, they will post the same thing to the feed, allowing you to stock up on milk. Being nice comes in handy here.

I think the below mentioned points will help you to solve the issue:
    • Getting a buffalo from a neighbor does not count towards your badge or mission, and rightly so. Shared buffalo show up in one's inventory healed, not injured. Therefore you cannot heal it therefore it doesn't count.
    • Your buffalo may be hiding in trees or behind stuff, because it can. Look for it. If you can't find it, contact support.
    • Move your buffalo before you heal it completely, so that it counts towards your mission.
    • You can ask for milk every 8 hours. The timer is being set up by the dev's. This is not an exact time frame for everybody currently.
    • You cannot send buffaloes as free gifts. It was available for a short time at the very beginning of the quest but it was a glitch. Many people who received the buffalo found that when they tried to open it, it was eaten by a bear.
    • The minimum time frame between buffaloes is 24 hrs, but it can take up to 4 days to find another.

I made the mistake of letting a neighbor heal my buffalo didn't know about the bug and it showed I completed the mission and then I got the lost the internet connection. It rolled back which wouldn't be so bad except the buffalo stayed healed and the mission doesn't show that progress. Now there is no way I can finish the mission. I'm not sure how that's going to be fixed. Got the splash screens and posted to FB wall. Then Internet went "quiet" and lost the progress both times. Now I seem to be stuck and can't do anything. I for one as probably many had my injured buffalo and by mistake sent it out for adoption thinking it was a need post for milk. So now no injured animal to finish mission until I can figure it out or wait for whatever timer resets. Just my 2 cents worth, I think this was a poorly designed release with less communications on how to start and play it.

From what I have been able to gather so far 1 critter per day attained at random by feeding cows or oxen and also clearing grass on your homestead 6 critter milk to heal you can get 5 from requesting of your neighbors you can also attain extra by claiming rewards from your neighbors successfully healing theirs as you can see this will require cooperation between you and your neighbor also as with all requests for help...you can usually repost every 8 hours and just after the server reset if you lost or inadvertently gave away your first critter I assume a new opportunity will present itself tomorrow be patient quests that you can finish as soon as they are presented are boring in my opinion.