Thread: Free fuel week in Farmville

Free fuel week in Farmville

Here I just want to know about free fuel week. Anyone have any idea about this? Now that the cat's Outta the bag on this, anyone have an idea on how it will work? Maybe an "all-you-can-burn" status where your present supply isn't dwindled whilst you putter about? Any other ideas or unfounded rumors? Please if anyone has any idea or any useful information about this than please provide me.

Re: Free fuel week in Farmville

I am approximately done with Blackberries, and believe me; I am looking forward to free fuel to finish with the blueberries. I spent this whole week doing the blackberries, plowing only with the fuel for the ribbon. Even with the 7 hour crops the fuel will be a great time and wrist saver. I do hope they simply let the fuel bar stay full for the week, and not losing any that you already have. Happy Farming.

If we get free fuel for the entire week, which would be a great time to work on 5 to 6 hour mastery crops. But as another person pointed out, I am sure deep down, they want us to get hooked on the machinery or fuel, and after that expect us to buy it like crazy after this week. Zynga really needs to revisit how fuel works with the farms. Whoever the rocket scientist was that initially developed the gas to plot ratios, wasn't thinking too far ahead, i.e. expansions. Hopefully they will make it feasible for everybody to use the machinery now and make a can of gas actually worth buying. If they do change the gas-to-plot ratios, what would you expect a can of gas to accomplish? Since 90% of my farm is plots. I would actually like to see 1 can of gas cover like 600 plots. That way, any farm with 600 plots (which are 1300 clicks<harvest, plow, plant>) would use like 3 cans of gas. I think that is fair. Honestly, I have no clue what it would take now, but I would guess about 13 cans for a 500 plot farm each harvest/plow/plant session. Convert that to FVC each week and that equals, silly $$$ outlay.

I truly can’t see it being unlimited. Nor do I think it will be available for coin purchase, many people have in excess of millions of coins, and we could buy insane amounts. More likely it will be as some have suggested, giftable. Alternatively, I was thinking it may be something we will be given once per day, like the lottery wins. Most would get 2 or 3 refills, sometimes 6, with a chance for 15 or 20 at a time.

I have a few questions regarding the free fuel week beginning January 25th. I thought I would submit them in order to give the developers time to come up with answers prior to 20 million users giving birth to cows mid-week.
    1. Will the fuel be unlimited?
    2. Will we have to wait 6 hours to have the tank re-fill?
    3. If we start out with, say 30 refills left over from our Christmas tree, will we at a standstill have those at the end of the week?

I think answers to these questions will help the farmers out there do an improved job planning a strategy on what to plant and when. For example, I normally plant 2 day crops but on my days off, I will sometimes go with shorter term crops. If we do not have to wait 7 hours for refuel, I would probably work on the 11 to 12 hour crops on work days and shorter term on my days off. I am sure there will be other questions, but I think these are the top 3 that will be asked.

I am down to 128 so I could use some more too. I try to just use the tractor but it takes 3 tanks to do my entire field, imagine how fast I would run out of fuel if I used the seeder and harvester too. I don't know what they have come up with for free fuel week, but I do hope the machines will be running longer on a tank sometime in the near future. The amount they use now is minded boggling and not at all good for the environment. If nothing changes, we'll soon get acid rain on our farms!

If only Zynga would actually give details when they announce something. Free is free so people supposing it will be coin buyable. I don't think so. What I am concerned about is that I purchase fuel, I did not get much as gifts in my more than 400 gifts I opened (lame) I am on empty now, so if I buy some FC now to refill, does it screw me for the free fuel week? Does it just not touch anything you already have for the week? Come on Zynga you have to know people would want to know these details.

Free Fuel: Somewhat politically incorrect with all the focus on saving the planet on the news. Yes it's only a game I know. While we "brush" a bull, rather than harvest steaks. And collect truffles in place of bacon from pigs. I am surprised that someone thought free fuel would be a responsible idea. Why not have electric tractors and have a wind turbine to buy. Then gather "fuel" that way (recharge batteries) and how about biodiesel as a crop. Having a good virtual carbon footprint would be a good message to give out. I guess the developers are in the US and drive SUVs though.